Vocal Range Question

Rate this topic

mundarova

First of all, hello everyone, I just signed up !

I have a question as a novice singer so please don't judge me if this sounds silly :)

Ok so, the highest note I can hit is A5, but sometimes "accidentally" (I really don't know how) I hit slightly higher notes, like a B5 or C6. The question is, is this something insignificant or does it mean that there's room for development in range ?

Thank you very much in advance !

First of all, hello everyone, I just signed up !

I have a question as a novice singer so please don't judge me if this sounds silly :)

Ok so, the highest note I can hit is A5, but sometimes "accidentally" (I really don't know how) I hit slightly higher notes, like a B5 or C6. The question is, is this something insignificant or does it mean that there's room for development in range ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Hi, mundarova. Welcome! Its not a silly question. It does indicate that there's room for development in range.

Hello!

mundarova, Im sorry but the information you provided is not enough to answer your question. In fact, only by actually trainning and improving you will find out. But instead, consider the following:

Your voice is already with you, no matter what the answer to this question is, you have 2 choices, developing it the best you can or not. You cant switch for another and then work on it, right? :D

And the good news is, since you are novice, I assume you have no technical background, therefore its possible that with trainning you will how to better use much more of your voice and those notes might become part of your tessitura instead of just a note that you cant relly on. Do not focus on developing range, focus on getting the middle of your voice working very well first, and the rest will follow.

I recommend that you get a coach to help you, specially now since the most critical part is learning the basics on breath/support and emission, and without it working as it should, nothing else will work.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the lengthy answer FelipeCarvalho !

I agree with you on finding a coach and working the middle voice, though I wouldn't cross out range development so quickly since the genre I'm focusing on (rock and heavy metal) kind of requires the singer to sing in high voices and scream and soar successfully. Well, it's not a "must-do" of course but that's the way it is commonly known.