more bridging - If You Could See Me Now (raw vocal)

• TMV World Legacy Member

with apologies to Wes Montgomery, whose brilliant lead I cut off at the end...my last teacher tried to get me to "let up" on the head voice so it didn't sound too harsh, but it seems kinda listless.

Not sure I could ever get used to singing this way in public, after belting everything all my life.

I'd appreciate any comments, including "forget it" because I've been beating my head up against this for a long time now.

http://soundcloud.com/carol-m/dr000817

Carol - I think it sounds really nice. You've got great phrasing and feel. I think the track is good - just needs a little polishing. If you put a little reverb on that vocal, boost the highs a little and then some compression I think it would sound better. But it is just fine for displaying your talent.

Carol - I think it sounds really nice. You've got great phrasing and feel. I think the track is good - just needs a little polishing. If you put a little reverb on that vocal, boost the highs a little and then some compression I think it would sound better. But it is just fine for displaying your talent.

Thanks...I'm debating whether to spring for a basic USB interface so i can get good monitoring in my recording rig. Then I could get effects, I think.

Archived