Hate to be a tenor :(

Daug Poland

Well.

It is like I can immediately recogniize when I'm loosing the basic placement of a vowel and my jaw is doing unnecessary movemants - so I can adjust my support better. And this whole together is helpful to ceep the fuller tone while goin higher.

So now i am working on core of each mode (CVT's - curbing, overdrive, edge). It seems that the main thing for me to re-adjust is a support values. Tone just need more phisical strenght - more power.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Daug, if you like motorcycles, I'm glad, because I like them, too. But I would need 12 inch risers on the handlebars. Because I am 6 f 6 in (2 meters) tall. The best bike I saw, that I would ever have wanted to build myself, I simply didn't have the money for it. It was the last of the american iron.

A 1968 Harley-Davidson Dyna-Glide with a 80 inch "Shovelhead" engine. Shorties (short exhaust pipes) with minimal baffles. King and Queen seat and sissy bar. 12 inch ape-hangers. Original gearcase (which was getting harder to find.) The one thing not stock on it was a noticable 42 mm Del Orto carburator breathing out the side. They only wanted $9,000 USD for, which was a steal, as it is an antique that still runs. But I didn't have that kind of money.

Ronws :)

Glad we have something in common.

yeah! Dyna-Glide is a very beautiful, beautiful bike - very in my type too!. But I would not mention about my height if I could afford a propper Chopper. What I meant with my growth and bike, is that I can put my feets flat on the ground while I sit on avarage nakid- bike or sport-bike like Suzuki Bandit or Kawasaki Ninja. This year I'm going to make driving licanse for Bikes and I'm gonna search for something for me :) (not that I had never ridden before ;) )

I dont wan't a pseudo-chopper which I can afford like Yamaha Virage I would rather buy something that is "itself" and just a good stuff for start - so I think about Bandit 600 from 2001.

In 2002 I was in crew of stage-builders for a Garry Moore "Scars" show in Karpacz - and it was an event organized by the Harley-Davidson Polska. Over a 2500 Harley's (and One 1946 Indian Chief) in one place and a great show from guitar master! It was one of the happiest days of my life! And I got there by accindant :o :)

What some people are doing these days, when money is an issue is by a Sportster and then dress it up like a "bagger."

But I've also seen the prices of the full size models, like the Fat Boy, coming down. Plus, over here, many police departments with motorcycle divisions were using H-D twin-cam 88 inchers. And they "retire" them and you can buy them at auction. Take off the insignia and the police lights and there you go, a cruiser ready to go. Then, repaint it yourself.

A friend of mine used to ride with the Dallas chapter of the Scorpions MC (as a guest of the chapter president) and he had a few rules of the road. If you treat every car out there like it is out to get you, you will be properly aware. In America, many people do not pay attention.

Secondly, stay out of the "pack" of cars in traffic. Either accelerate and get way ahead, or drop behind. And always remember it takes more time for a car to stop than a motorcycle.

He had a bike that used to be a drag-racing bike. 1974 Sportster bored out to 1300 cc. 7 gears. When it was racing, it had a NOS package on it, that he removed. A chopped frame that was 8 feet long. One of a kind commissioned blue fire paint. Gold plated pegs, levers, and wheel spikes. Perfectly balanced. At his house, I would sit on it with the kickstand retracted, a great way to practice one's own balance. He supertuned it to cruise at 120 mph. But his ex-girlfriend was part owner. He sold it to her to be done with having to visit with her.

My first ride was when I was a kid. My step-uncle had a hardtail shovelhead built like "Captain America" from the movie, "Easy Rider." It was loud, bumpy, scary, and totally addictive.

Archived