Developing a 'usable' falsetto.

Nathan

but singing is not the same as exercising the voice. you have to exercise the voice. there's no getting around it...... warm it up and exercise it. if want to sing songs later, that's fine.

i used to think the same way as you, but it won't be sufficient for pro caliber vocals.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like getting good and warmed up doing exercises then I try to see what progress I have made. I pick a song or album or whatever my focus is. right now It's a lot of Chinese Democracy and some Chris Cornell stuff. Lofty goals yes but its about progress and what I'm doing seems to be working.

I'm halfway through the baritone voice book now...

The book says to *only* practise the head configuration for a while. How is this possible without ceasing singing all together?

I'm confused wheter or not to continue practising mix voice AND head voice work or exclusively the latter? Since Vendera gives this exercise as well as full voice sirens and messa di voce I assume it's good to do both.

Is messa di voce supposed to wait until later on or can I start doing this exercise off the bat?

On page 29 it says that carrying several *breathy* slides will improve the bridge; I thought it was supposed to be white head voice without breath?

the messa di voce is a very advanced exercise Sun.. start it only once you're proficient with the slides and basic swells.. Stick to a thin head voice for the slides etc.. will help build a solid foundation.. It will take a few months at least.. so be patient with it.. once you're comfortable with the frisell exercises then move on to Messa di Voce.. let me know if you need any further clarification

cheers

nathan do what works for you. Frisell works the falsetto into the ground. Lauri-Volpi calls falsetto "the leprosy of the voice". You have to find what works for you. All i can say is practice practice practice. You have enough exercises and programs to work with. hit your voice from every angle.

good luck

daniel

www.danielformicavocalstudio.com

Archived