Whole Lotta Love - cover (Gabe and Helforstout)

• TMV World Legacy Member

lol....I've put in many years rockin' out. I'm trying to expand! :D I need to develop my "soul" style ;) Good stuff man. I liked it. And I've seen Zep 3 times and have heard everyone in creation cover them.

:D I didn't mean actually rocking professionally or anything. Just my own pretend concerts to an imaginary crowd. I'm purely new to singing in front of people.

BUT, I've been a fan for many many years and have payed attention to music and singing and know what I like.

His voice reminds me of someone but I just can't put my finger on it.

Tommy

Sounds like it is time to get a soul band together and get after it then. :)

I know his favorite artist that play a little into his influences are of course Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey, Glenn Hughes, Brian Johnson (AC/DC) , Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) but if you ask him his favorite singer, it would be Aretha Franklin, man does he love her. So I know where your coming from with the soul style.

Ahhh ha... That's it! parts of his vocals in that song reminded me of Chris Cornell from his Soundgarden days notably the song "Outshined." :)

Tommy

This is bloody awesome!

I luv this ruspy top notes. PERFECT!!!

*Just some of those "uh ah ah" thing's (like in 1:44) are a little bit "off" In my opinion. I always thought that Robert Plant at these points imitates some sexual groans :rolleyes: ...you know what i mean... Or maybe no... anyway it is only a tiny and very subjective flaw from me.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Great performance. Keep it coming!

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Excellent recording and mixing. Either you have a producer or someone has a really good ear.

In the lower parts of verses, I am reminded a little of Lenny Kravitz. The higher parts actually made me think of David Coverdale. As if Whitesnake was doing a tribute to Led Zep.

• 3 weeks later...

It sounded like Glenn Hughes mixed with Chris Cornell to me. Regardless, that's a compliment.

Check out my band, if ya want (please and/or thank you).

https://tothefields.bandcamp.com/

Where on this planet did he learn to sing like that? And how many years has he been singing? This is just awesome! I just can't come up with the right words to describe how great this cover is - in all aspects. You should be very proud of him!

www.drop-head.com

thank you guys very much, I will pass the kind words on to Gabe. He is 21 now and pretty much has loved to sing all his life. I think he really discovered he loved Rock singing durring a battle of the bands at his School. The band decided to sing Who are You (The Who), and he let out a Roger Daltrey scream at the end of the song and from there on it's been rock non stop.

Archived