Coldplay The Scientist cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Well, here is my version of The Scientist by Coldplay. I've kinda been sitting on covering it because I believe one needs to in the proper mood to pull it off, but reluctantly, I did it anyway. It is, afterall, my favorate Coldplay song. Let me know cha think.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11547348&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Good one Keith!! Real nice. I only have one speaker working here at work on this piece of crap computer but that sounded nice. I thought the diction was excellent and the vibrato was smooth man. Did you harmonize with yourself there?

And I'm not a Coldplay fan

Tommy

Good one Keith!! Real nice. I only have one speaker working here at work on this piece of crap computer but that sounded nice. I thought the diction was excellent and the vibrato was smooth man. Did you harmonize with yourself there?

And I'm not a Coldplay fan

Tommy

Thanks brother. I used a karaoke track, which had the harmonies in there already. Thanks for listening.

www.drop-head.com

Sounded great man! I've played around with this song also, and you're right, it sounds simple but is hard to do with the right emotion. Good job!

I totally had you mistyped. I am so used to hearing you sing dramatic stuff dramatically. But you did this nice, and light, and smooth.

And like Tommy, I don't listen to Coldplay. But this was really good.

I think its the best cover Ive heard from you. You kept your voice consistent the whole time, aside from the points on "nobody said it was easy", where you stayed midway from breaking to falsetto, simply let it go and it will be much easier and sound much better.

Also, take care with key interpretation points, like

start, part, hard, appart, heart, etc...

Some variations are happening that are breaking the line, pay close attention to the vowels you use on spots that are close to each other. Id advice to just use open AH on them and create a contrast with the rest of the phrase. The idea of the whole song is keeping those words somewhat constant and strong. If you change it on a non predictable way it really becomes other song.

Anyways congrats! This kind of song is much harder to sing than it looks, it is sounding quite nice and the consistency you have in your voice in this song is not on the same level as you had on other recordings you done a few months ago. GJ!

Nicely done Keith :)

though I don't think it's the best of your covers ;) I luv most of your stuff . From techniqal pov it gives Pillars results impresson indeed. So it is great you have progress in technique.

Keep it coming.

Regards!

OMERTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Thanks man. This song was really hard for me to sing the chorus - my band played a show Saturday, and I did sound from 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM - and, aside from singing, I had to yell and scream to people I was talking to. My throat has been sore since. I can sing chest register just fine, my my head register is screwed at the moment. When I do get a note out in head, I have to really force it - and when I do, it sounds like I have a ton of mucus on my vocal cords. Hopfully, it goes away soon. I've been taking it easy on my workouts because of it :(

www.drop-head.com

Keith, great job, I have been listening to your songs for the past 6 months and I can really notice a change in your upper range. I'm sure a lot of it is because of your hard work with training but I sense a higher level of confidence also. Keep it up.

Steve

Archived