My Sacrifice (cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Tommy, that is a tough song to sing clean. Creed has some nice vocal processing, maybe with the "chorus" in the vocals. It gives the original song some real depth and meat to the vocals. I would love to hear your version with the same attention in the studio. good job

Tommy, I hear that you voice sometimes sounds like Ozzy Osbourne.

Ozzy? That's a new one! Well I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Thanks? :D

Tommy

Tommy, that is a tough song to sing clean. Creed has some nice vocal processing, maybe with the "chorus" in the vocals. It gives the original song some real depth and meat to the vocals. I would love to hear your version with the same attention in the studio. good job

Not sure what you mean by singing clean (?)

Maybe someday I will get some recording equipment. But then that also means purchasing backing tracks? Everything costs $$$ doesn't it :/ Right now I'm using karaoke videos from youtube. I can never find free backing tracks anywhere.

Thanks

Tommy

Ahhh... I guess everything isn't another special vocal term/technique to be learned :D I thought it was a vocal technique Stapp was using that I wasn't. or that I may have been screwing up :lol:

Thanks VD

VD?

I think I'd be better off spelling that one out :P

"Vocalist Dad"

Thanks Keith. I'm just kind of having fun at the moment. I don't really sing rock songs anymore as I'm more into playing with textures and feelings of blues and soul, R7B these days. But since joining this forum I have been playing with songs I haven't done in awhile kind of giving my voice a workout. Quite a few get tossed in the trash.:D

I thought I've had success singing Creed in the past...like when they first came round. Thought I'd give it a shot again. I know my recording process leaves a lot to be desired :D

I'm thinking of some Bad Company soon! Maybe.

Thanks.

I liked it, Tommy.

And Vocalist Dad is not realizing that not everyone has a pro caliber mic, professionally recorded backing tracks and a pro mixing it. Like his recordings, er, I mean, those of his son. All the stuff he has presented is studio perfect, which is nice. And usually, the songs are transposed down 1/2 to 1 whole step from the original key.

But this is you, standing up and singing, in the original key, as if someone dared you at a karaoke night.

Excellent sustain. Now that is some good breath management.

For some of us, we can either afford one piece of equipment or some lessons. And we are constantly advised here to get lessons, either through a program or with a local coach. For some of us, the budget is that tight. I certainly don't have a dad underwriting my music career. Can't really. He passed away in 1999.

But I digress. I like your version.

Tommy, I have purchased in the past several hundred backing tracks. If ya can't find a song, email me the name and I'll see if I have it.

www.drop-head.com

Sounds good Tommy! Oddly enough, I do hear what the Jugulator is saying about sounding like Ozzie.

Thanks Geno.

All I can say is that the Ozzie thing must be left over from all the time I spent singing Black Sabbath when they first came out. Actually I sang Sabbath through their first three albums non stop :D Well that and the Stones. I think I was around age 12 at the time!

Tommy

Nice work Tommy, you really put me in a creed mood :cool: hadn't listened to them for a while.

i'm defo in agreement with the Ozzy thing not in terms of tone so much but more expression, and to be honest, expression is what makes Ozzy so good IMO.

you did a nice job on the chorus with the held notes ect. ive noticed that some of stapps chorus vocal lines can be really tricky to sing as he is always at 10, but i really think you pulled it off.

Jonathan

[url]https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-graham1-0[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/JonathanGrahamTUF[/url]
[url]www.facebook.com/theunnamedfaces[/url]
[url]http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/JonathanGraham[/url]

Thanks Jonathan. Listen guys...don't put any ideas in my head! I can't go tryin' to work on an Ozzy influence.:D I've worked too long to smooth out some of my rock influences over to my more bluesy/blues rock thing.

Funny thing is that I got more comments on this song than on my other post which is more my thing these days...blues! I guess I posted too many versions of Georgia on my Mind. Hey, I hear ya ;)

:lol:

Maybe "Hunger Strike" next? Hmmm.

Thanks again Jonathan

Archived