• TMV World Legacy Member

you got it!;)

Jonathan

[url]https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-graham1-0[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/JonathanGrahamTUF[/url]
[url]www.facebook.com/theunnamedfaces[/url]
[url]http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/JonathanGraham[/url]

Thanks guys! Been trying to get a decent mix of tunes recorded. Now that my cover band isn't gigging as much, I actually have time to get some recording done, lol...

Beware of middle age men with Justin Beiber haircuts and lip rings...

• 2 weeks later...

Quite Nice :D.

The chorus sections need to improve a bit, you are loosing power and legatto, this is easily solved with trainning.

But there is something that you can fix easily and will greatly improve the whole performance. The very first notes of the phrases "WHEN you look you....", "CUT the rope...", etc, some of them you are nailing, on others, you are singing them almost a half step down and the timming of the phrases are varying a bit. Getting more secure about how and when to begin the phrases will probably fix it. The first note of the melody is suffering from this problem and it kinda brings down the mood.

Most of this song "mojo" is on those phrases, not the chorus. Keep track of the vowels you use and follow the patterns, if your objective is to make it sound like him, it will help a lot. Example: "Always keep me under finger, thats the spot where you may linger", finger = linger and are very distinctive from the rest of the phrase. And the phrases, although are all on legatto, are really tight on timming, listen to the drums and the bass when doing them.

"Born and broken" = "Born and bloodied", etc... I think you got the idea

But really GJ. its sounding very nice, I like it.

Thanks for the constructive critique! Yeah, my whole goal is to sound like Weiland. I play in a cover band for a living and it really sells when I can sound pretty close to the original artist. As far as the legato lines in the verses, I will def work on those to tighten them up. As far as the lyrics themselves, are you talking about diction?...now that I go back and listen, there are def a couple flatties in there too.

i actually prefer your voice to his...he always comes off forced to me

Very good cover man you have a great rock tone

only criticisms you dont sound as confident as the original (specially on the chorus)

i can hear from your voice you clearly have the ability

so next time sing this tune like your shit dont stink, with a lot of attitude lol

www.soundclick.com/chavie

i actually prefer your voice to his...he always comes off forced to me

Very good cover man you have a great rock tone

only criticisms you dont sound as confident as the original (specially on the chorus)

i can hear from your voice you clearly have the ability

so next time sing this tune like your shit dont stink, with a lot of attitude lol

Thanks man, I appreciate it! When I do this live it's usually balls out. I can't ever get the same intensity recording as I do live...gotta figure out how to get the adrenaline pumping when I'm recording, lol

I think you sound great man. I agree with whoever said that the verses could be improved....whenever I sing this song I struggle with the same exact thing during the verses. The way Weiland does it is very subtle but it's hard to replicate for me. Keep practicing and you'll turn that triple into a home run.