Morning voice...anybody ever experience this?

Rate this topic

staticsound

So weird question, but it seems that in the morning or whenever my voice isn't warm, I can take my falsetto up pretty damn high with ease...almost to a B5. Whereas when I'm warmed up, my falsetto is pretty none existent and is more of a lightly connected head voice. My top head voice note is maybe an F5 on a good day. I wish I could keep those higher falsetto notes going as the day progresses, so I can work on making them full on head voice. Anybody else experience this?

I hear you... I can get my falsetto/head voice to up to A5 when warmed up... But early mornings or when having drunk too much alcohol the day before, I can swisch up past Soprano C with ease and go into whistle register no problems...

Swollen folds/cords will have a hard time finding normal and healthy closure on mid/mix/head notes, but they will produce falsetto and whistle easier.

That would make sense then after a night of boozing or gigging. But what about just plain morning voice? Is it just because you're not warmed up?