They said I couldn't sing, 2yrs later and I covered a song - opinions?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys!

My name's Alexis and I love singing.

2 years ago I posted my first cover on youtube and they said I could not sing, but I have been training my vocals for the past 2 years and I really am so excited to know what you guys think.

I need your opinions and your advice. Please. Please. pleaseee. I am even willing to sing a song of your choice in order for you to let me know what you really think.

Please.

Music is my passion. I need this

My cover:

Jealous people tend to pull stuff out of their asses. You sing great. No question about it. Now stop acting all insecure about it and go conquer the world ;)

I'd be interested in hearing the first video to see how far you've come (or how bad it was). Or maybe the first one wasn't bad but it was just the childish morons commenting on youtube. What a shame because they could have easily silenced a beautiful voice. Good for you for persevering and coming out on top.

I liked it. You can sing. But don't stop learning because you can get even better. :)

One thing though. Whatever was beeping in the background was annoying and distracted from the song. Also were you texting (or reading the lyrics) :D I assume you were reading the lyrics. Learn the song so you "own it." You seemed to know it well and I could see some emotion behind it so I couldn't figure out why you would be reading the words....but that too is distracting and it kind of takes a little out of you fully connecting (focusing) on the song.

Very nice though.

I thought you sounded pretty damn good. I agree, I'd like to see the "before" video. Screw the haters on youtube :D

Beware of middle age men with Justin Beiber haircuts and lip rings...

• Administrator

Alexis,

Very well put by Snejk, Tommy, and "rusty"....

>>> "Jealousy, morons, and haters" on YouTube.....

Don't let them discourage you ~ "Follow your DREAMS !!!" :cool:

A Very Sincere Welcome to "The Modern Vocalist World" !!!

Hope to see you register on the "Main Site"....

Warmest Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

Hey guys, thank you so much for the positive feedback, and the advice.

I made the first video 2 years ago so I doubt I still have the file, I'll look through my hard drive to see what I can dig up though :D

Hi guys!

My name's Alexis and I love singing.

2 years ago I posted my first cover on youtube and they said I could not sing, but I have been training my vocals for the past 2 years and I really am so excited to know what you guys think.

I need your opinions and your advice. Please. Please. pleaseee. I am even willing to sing a song of your choice in order for you to let me know what you really think.

Please.

Music is my passion. I need this

My cover:

I love it, you are my new inspiration. I joined this forum looking for people like you. People who couldn't sing, but worked at it & now.. BAM!!!! you're singing.

I've only been "training" for about 4 weeks & still have a long way to go, but now thanks to your video, I know it is possible.

Thank you.