Georgia On My Mind (remix)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Even if you don't sound like a carbon copy of Ray Charles, you sang it like he did. Nice rubato on the middle part. Your tight vibrato seems to fit this song. Well done. And you didn't overload the mic as much as you did on "The Weight."

So, I am not sure what you did. Maybe it's just a different feel, maybe different mic proximity. To solve problems in the future, if you can, have the mic about the same height as the bridge of your nose. Essentially, singing past the mic, rather than right into it. This reduces a lot of the overload on the mic. Something I learned only recently.

Thanks Ron. And that will be the last time I do/re-do this song...:D I just had to do it one more time since I hadn't done it with equipment before. And I kind of have the song down now and in my comfort zone as far as my own feel. So that's it.

DONE!!! :D

Thanks Kieth.

By the way I was thinking about you today after hearing a song on the radio. Have you ever done "Alone Again" by Dokken here on the forum? I thought it sounded like something you would do good.