Life By The Drop

• TMV World Legacy Member

Ok, everyone this is my last song for awhile. I've had this one recorded for a couple of weeks but haven't posted it.

I'm unloading it on you now and then taking time off from posting songs. I will take the time to learn more about recording (If I can), re-record some of the other stuff I did previously and of course work on my singing as I've been listening to my other recordings and want to fix bad spots and vocal problems.

Thanks for listening and helping. It's been a learning experience and I've learned a few things. Now for some work.

I had briefly considered/ wondered if I'd be able to collaborate this song with one of you acoustic Guitar players. (Ron?). Then maybe you could also drop the key a step for me.:D

"Life By The Drop" by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11635239&q=hi&newref=1

You sounded pretty good on this song. The guitar sounds simple enough that I could probably play it. Was this with cubase or audacity? The reason I ask is so that I would be able to export the guitar track to a format that allows you to change mix. I mean, you can change effects on an imported mp3 but it's not quite the same as other formats. For example, for file sharing and mixing capability, audacity can export to an .ogg file. Then you import it and you can still adjust values as if you were here, shoving me out of my chair and taking over (though you don't have to shove. Just ask, I'll go take a bathroom break or washes dishes, or something.)

And not a problem to drop a step, especially on guitar.

Your confusing me Ron :lol: I thought an MP3 would be easy!!

This was done on Audacity. I haven't used Cubase yet. I did this song the same day I did Cold Shot a couple of weeks ago but just never posted it.

Thanks

wow man you have a very similar voice to stevie

besides a few pitchy parts.... this was darn near perfect.

Definitely one of my favorite Vaughn tunes

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Yea, that's cool Ron. Right now I am going into a busy period as we are moving my job to a new location. I'll be working a lot of OT so there isn't any rush. Time is limited at the moment. But it sounds cool. Thanks. I guess you have to learn the song first anyway.

@ Chavie

Thanks. I have always liked this song. I'm glad to hear you liked it also. I am even more glad to hear you liked my version :)

Yea, that's cool Ron. Right now I am going into a busy period as we are moving my job to a new location. I'll be working a lot of OT so there isn't any rush. Time is limited at the moment. But it sounds cool. Thanks. I guess you have to learn the song first anyway.

@ Chavie

Thanks. I have always liked this song. I'm glad to hear you liked it also. I am even more glad to hear you liked my version :)

The 12-bar feel is easy, but I need to learn the progression, as he is not using the standard I - IV - V on this.

I will probably do a two bar intro and cue with an audible for when the lyrics come in.

So, yeah, probably about a week or so to come up with something halfway decent.