Classical voice!

Rate this topic

DoverOs

Yo dawg, how come liek, I train all classical like, i can Go and resophesonate mah A4 notes but when I'm don't do mah classical voice i only hit liek da f4 and f#4, and then i gotta practice all over again, ya feel me? Is it cuz that larnyx thingamadoodle doesn't want to to change? cuz liek when I'm doing normal voice, I ain't pushing my larynx around dawg.

I had a thread that might have been like this. My question was, is it natural for my opera-style voice to get out of shape that easily even when I'm practicing other styles. It might seem natural that if I'm not practicing in that classic-style, my range isn't going to benefit. But I just find it weird that when I'm in good practice, I hit a4 and g#4, but when I don't i struggle to get the f#4. Is el larynx the culprit?

Being out of practice could be the culprit. Usually it's a combination of things. But I would think of it as just being out of practice. It may be your larynx, but what would it do for you even if you knew for a fact that it was? Can you control just your larynx well enough to make that adjustment?

Hey FelipeCarvalho I don't think over depressing my larynx is the problem now . Between when I started this post and now, I've been practicing some classic style, and I can get up to my g#4. It seems like a normal pattern for me, if I don't practice my classical, I only get up to the f4-f#4. And when I practice, I start getting up to my g-a range. This is also similar to me with a free larynx, and as far as I can gather, the unreliability of my modal voice is because I work more on hitting the notes than I do on getting good coordination.

You think this is right? It's just mentally challenging for me to keep up my classic voice all the time, especially when I'm floating around 4-5 different top notes, or to slow down my practice to get the proper coordination. I also have a middle vocal weight, so I dunno if that affects anything really.

Yo dawg, how come liek, I train all classical like, i can Go and resophesonate mah A4 notes but when I'm don't do mah classical voice i only hit liek da f4 and f#4, and then i gotta practice all over again, ya feel me? Is it cuz that larnyx thingamadoodle doesn't want to to change? cuz liek when I'm doing normal voice, I ain't pushing my larynx around dawg.

DoverOs - I be feeling your vibe, an I am down on it. What be hangin you up is the vowel shapes. Your groove gets hammered going from tone to tone.

When jammin non-classical, pick brighter tones, but still sing them well. Catch the drift that the higher jaw means you get to passaggio-ville on lower notes, and you pop out the top to a header earlier too. You resonate with my drift?

Ya that makes sense. It seems to me like I was over doing my diaphragm pressure, pushing too much air, going high too early and too harsh, along with not letting my throat resonate all the way.