Somebody To Love cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

I thought that was great!! Wow ! If I had one thing to say though it would be the "Me." At the start you sing the word "relief" very well but the rhyming "Me" falls a little short as if you are hesitant to go further as in relief. The rest of the Me's were the same as the first. I think you have the power, you may be holding back.

Other than that my answer to what you should be working on? A record deal!! :)

Thanks guys ;)

I've played the guitar in some bands but have no experience as a singer, so your suggestions are very important for me.

I gave another listen and also listened to your other songs. If it was a timeline and the other two songs were done in the past I'd say you improved a lot by the time you got to the Queen song. IMO Blackdog was tough. I felt you were singing from the bottom up. It sounded like you were straining and tightening the throat/singing from the throat. Actually even I felt tension listening. As for Adele, That surprised me because it was a completely different tone comparing it to the lower range parts of Somebody to Love. I thought this song fit your range better but it seemed to be a little off tune. I think the melody line you were singing didn't match the track well enough and it through off the pitch. I see that you went out of whack at the end of Somebody to love (possibly why you cut off the end of the track). So all in all I'd say you have the voice you just need to learn how to use it properly and get those high notes solid and without strain. That is "if" you are looking to sing high. It isn't the be all end all you know. :)

Thanks again! Yeah Blackdog was just a game, screaming higher I could. Regarding the Somebody To Love track, I stopped it because after that there is a long instrumental part and not much singing, but yes that last part is a bit difficult and I was straining a bit. I'm happy you think I've improved, maybe the exercises I found on the internet helped me develop better control.

What about this? I'm not actually satisfied, but maybe it's just me, i'd like to know what you think of it.

What about this? I'm not actually satisfied, but maybe it's just me, i'd like to know what you think of it.

Fantastic!! Who does that song? I've never heard it, really good stuff. You did a great job. Very nice.

"Diamonds and Rust" was originally written and performed by Joan Baez.

Judas Priest made a huge hit out of it. And Wes's cover is based on a more recent acoustic version by Judas Priest.

Anway, Wes, great job on "Somebody to Love." You have a tone very similar to Freddie. Seriously, and I am not kidding, find a way to send this to Brian May.