My cover of The Rainbow connection (yes from Kermit the Frog)

• TMV World Legacy Member

I am a big fan of Jim Henson, so this time I'm not sharing a song of my own but a cover of one of the most reknown songs from The Muppets THE RAINBOW CONNECTION, some days ago it was the anniversary of Jim Henson's death and not long ago in a impromptu I recorded this cover of the rainbow connection, really rather simple playing piano, recorder, harp and voice, then my cellist added some notes too. I wanted it to sound sweet as a lullaby rather different the original muppet one, specially because for me Jim Henson is the hero of my childhood.

But well at all effects as I know how to do my own songs in my own style but I feel unsure when making covers of other´s songs I wanted to share

feedback welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeIPjZxRjMU

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thank you, certainly I can´t beat kermit´s version in charm, but I tried to make my version different than the original, with gratitude to the muppets creator, which I admire so far. It was done quite quickly on the go, recording the layers right away, most of the choirs were recorded in a second on-going take almost improvised. It´s a song I´m particular fond since childhood