The Weight (1st verse only)

Rate this topic

Hi guys, I've been meaning to record something and upload it for ages, so here is the first verse of The Weight, which will have to do for now.

https://www.box.com/s/c3610674da9a8982851c

I recorded this purely for fun and as a break from trying to do Stand Up and Shout by Dio, which I am finding to be incredibly difficult as it's just a little too low for me to get the required power.

So anyway, this is just the first verse, hopefully I'll do the whole song at some point, maybe after I've conquered some Dio!

Let me know what you think,

Max

It works now. Wow! I don't know what to say. Not what I was expecting :) Interesting rendition for sure. Sort of the band meets Axl Rose :D You've got some power there man, I like your voice. That was cool in some way, even though personally I'm kind of on the fence about altering that song. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Sounds like a good backing track also.

Wow! You got a great voice, pitch was perfect, tone is unique

My God you guys !!!!

Why are you still doing covers please write your own stuff ...

So many good singers on this site .... what a waste

Come on ! If you don't play an instrument get together with a musician and write songs!

A song needs a few chords and a good hook that's it!

Wow I really like your voice

Sorry ...I got carried away here a little bit

Regards

Tanya

thesingingjudge.com

Thanks very much guys.

Tommy, yeah, I know what you mean, like I say I was having fun with it even if it isn't all that appropriate for the song. God, I hope I don't sound too much like Axl Rose! I love his voice but I wouldn't want to sound like him, his voice is the definition of cool but horrible. I might do the rest, we'll see. The backing track is the first karaoke track i found on i tunes.

Thanks Tanya, at the moment singing is purely a hobby for me although I would like to pursue it more seriously at some point soon. I sing to unwind and let off steam basically.

Thanks for the comments guys,

Max