Critique the song i just made please

• TMV World Legacy Member

I have never really made a song but i was going for the jason mraz/kid cudi/mac miller/ jack johnson kind of sound if you are familiar with them.I am brand new to singing and dont even know if my voice is good enough for music so if you can critique and rate my voice that would be helpful, does my voice have any potential? the beat and everything was made and done in garageband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s-doawsNco

thank you

• TMV World Legacy Member

That's pretty neat, actually. I just watch Mraz on "Storytellers" for a little bit. This is like a rap version of that. There's a few pitchy spots you could fix but nothing bad. Most people don't realize that rap has to be on pitch and takes as much concentration to singing and breath support as other genres.

You definitely have potential and definitely for this genre of music. Any advice I could offer would be to breathe in easy, control your breath going out, watch your pitch, even if it means staying one pitch for a while before you create sub-melodies.

And more than anything, sing from the heart. Sing it like you mean it. Which you did here, just fine and have only a few fix-its to take care of.