Mattafix- Big city life COVER video

• TMV World Legacy Member

That was excellent.

Your timbre or tone of voice reminds me of Christina Aguilera. I'm not sure if it's the accent or just the style of the song but I like the reggae feel you have in the vocal line. Kind of like a reggae hip-hop. And much respect for your guitar player. Solid, on the beat, never wavers. You have a lot of soul in your voice and your expression. You guys could easily be the next Eurythmics (Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart.) And I mean that as a high compliment. I play guitar and the one player I would like to emulate is Dave Stewart. He can shred as fast as anyone but usually chooses not to. He plays exactly what the song needs, forgoing personal "guitar god" status, just as your guitar player does.

I don't know what country you are posting from. First step, set up your own music publishing company to protect your original songs. Register your publishing company and yourselves as songwriters with BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC. By the way, the international copyright law can work in your favor. Second, record an album, if you have not done so, already. And if you have not, yet, then get on it. Now.

Pay a small blanket fee to the songwriting orgs I just mentioned. This allows you to record covers of any songs in their catalogs, which is pretty much any song in the world.

You don't even have to press a bunch of cds. Demo cds you can burn from your computer. Most people today are digitally downloading. One of my bosses has the 64 G ipod and an mp3 jack in his truck. He has not bought a cd in years.

Get your album listed with itunes so that people can download it. Average price is .99 USD for a song, 9.99 USD for an album of 10 songs. Most deals are 50 percent artist, 50 percent distributor, which is more than the 12.5 percent you get from a recording company.

Youtube will help some, if your videos can go viral.

Like the Nike ad use to say, "just do it."

• TMV World Legacy Member

Huge thanks for this post :) We are working on our author's songs and when we do it I'll share it with you. Sorry for my English grammar. We are from Poland. I invite to our fanpage on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/OhoKoko

Greetings :)