Edguy Superheros cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Tough one, at least for me. Critique away!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11691624&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

I thought that was good and a good song also. Some higher parts sounded a slight bit airy or not as "head" as some of these songs are. Which led me to think of falsetto. I'm not saying you were singing falsetto....I'm only saying I thought of it. I thought of it because I know a lot of singers here seen to fear it. I tend to use it as effect and think it can add some nice texture sometimes. Whatever you were doing, on purpose or not sounded good.

I think you may have been searching for the note in some spots? Sometimes I think we all have to do our own thing with a song, When we try to hard we lose our way.

Nice job though over all. :)

Well, Keith, I have heard you do notes before that I thought sounded falsetto - ish. And none of them were in here. So, my perception was different than Tommy's. I tried to listen for a falsetto feel and simply didn't hear it.

What I could hear was you channeling some Geoff Tate, yet again. I think you did excellent. And if I have not mentioned it before, which I have, then I will keep on mentioning it. I would like to see stuff like this on the next Drop Head album, or even a solo Keith Goehner album.

That's why I wrote this...so there would be no confusion :D

I'm not saying you were singing falsetto.

I didn't say he was singing falsetto but I did say I heard some "slight" airyness. And, I said I liked it whatever it was.

Just to be clear :D

I should be more clear, as well. I didn't hear air. More a raspiness or creak than air. But I could be wrong.

You probably are :lol: Just kidding. Whatever it was (and maybe my description was bad) it added a little flavor.

I wasn't meaning to debate or contradict your statement, I just heard something different.

There's times I will listen to something and think I hear this or that. Then listen to it again and don't hear it all.

You may have heard some airyness that I did not hear. I didn't mean to imply that I was right or more right than you.

I just took a shower and may still have water in my ears.

Alright Keith, not bad, now, go back and get the kick a** metal version, I know your dying to try it and I know you can do it. and yes, go for that crazy high screaming part (Thow a little echo/reverb on the the end of it.), you know what I'm talking about.:cool:

Lol I can do that part in this version :) there is not a metal karaoke version that I am aware of - and this one cuts off half of the second chorus :(

www.drop-head.com

Sounds a little not mixed with the instrumental... but, well that more a question on meterial usage, no? Falsetto I don'te see it there, what one can notest, on some higher notes, is that your a little on the edge...kind of like, cant go any higher than that, and i dont know, when i began earing you, felt strange...frist bad, but then good... but don´t worry cause thats because i have to get in touch again with haver a better ear... don´t know... kind of gets handy, if you're a vocalist, ahahaha :P

Kumps!!!

Hoping to live from this ^^

... but don´t worry cause thats because i have to get in touch again with haver a better ear... don´t know... kind of gets handy, if you're a vocalist, ahahaha :P

Depends. If you are Lou Reed, you don't have to stay on pitch. You can wander all over the place and people think you are a genius for going flat "for artistic purposes."

I think I said that in my outside voice.