Training the TA to relax more while in high head voice. Any thoughts?

Rate this topic

izzle1989

I am a voice student in college and before the semester ended my voice teacher told me that my head voice will improve as soon as I learn how to release the TA. I start to get tight in head voice around E5-Bb5 ,but I have taken my head voice up to E6-F6 on occasions. How can I learn to stretch the vocal more more and release the TA?

If anybody especially males have any exercises or techniques that you have use to go beyond the 5th octave I would greatly appreciate it.

And as a side note I am a Tenor and I can sing a "chest" like sound up to D5 in my mixed voice so I have no problem engaging the TA in the 5th octave, but I tend to hold on to that weight when I need to release it in the 6th octave...Any thoughts?

Sorry for deviating the thread, I just found it interesting haha.

It's okay haha and yes we do have a good music program here as I have improved so much during my first year. I have a few friends that go to your school.

was going to offer my redneck wisdom but you guys have the chance to study it in college, something I never did.

I wanted to agree with Geno but from slightly different perspective. The effect is the same. Lose the weight in the voice.

The high note is a small note on length. The wavelength is very small. And needs a small resonating space to allow the standing wave to double back on itself. This creates a doubling of amplitude or height of wave, which creates a logarithmic increase in volume, because the volume comes from the doubling of amplitude which, in the case of the human voice, comes from resonance.

I know people don't like it when I say that but there it is, a matter of science. Though I do conceptually understand that faith wins over science many times. Anyway, my perspective is to follow the resonance. When I have the note "in the right place," the support is automatic. When you know your destination, getting there is a matter of simple mechanics, literally and figuratively.

was going to offer my redneck wisdom but you guys have the chance to study it in college, something I never did.

I wanted to agree with Geno but from slightly different perspective. The effect is the same. Lose the weight in the voice.

The high note is a small note on length. The wavelength is very small. And needs a small resonating space to allow the standing wave to double back on itself. This creates a doubling of amplitude or height of wave, which creates a logarithmic increase in volume, because the volume comes from the doubling of amplitude which, in the case of the human voice, comes from resonance.

I know people don't like it when I say that but there it is, a matter of science. Though I do conceptually understand that faith wins over science many times. Anyway, my perspective is to follow the resonance. When I have the note "in the right place," the support is automatic. When you know your destination, getting there is a matter of simple mechanics, literally and figuratively.

Great post ron and I am very religious, but I am a strong believer in science and I want to truth and the most logical scientifically proven answers to my questions which is why I wanted to go to school for music and Exercise science/kinesiology.