insidde smiling when singing

Rate this topic

rurokenji

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows the inside smiling when singing technique? also when i do use this technique, it works but i always have to tell my mind to do the inside smile. So i was just wondering if anyone has got any exercises i could use in order to enable me to perform the inside smile when singing without always forcing my mind to perform it, so that the inside smile just become automatic whenever i am singing?

Thanks

I've been trying this a few times this week. It kind of works, I feel the larynx drop and my palate raise and some of the notes are easier to sing. I just generally feel a little more relaxed singing.

Also helps me hold on to the note instead of flipping into falsetto or cracking.

I just generally do some scales always thinking of the smile. I try to establish the smile before each scale starts. Once you do it for awhile it'll become involuntary. I guess it's kind of normal if you repeat something over and over again, it becomes natural to your being.

I've been trying this a few times this week. It kind of works, I feel the larynx drop and my palate raise and some of the notes are easier to sing. I just generally feel a little more relaxed singing.

Also helps me hold on to the note instead of flipping into falsetto or cracking.

I just generally do some scales always thinking of the smile. I try to establish the smile before each scale starts. Once you do it for awhile it'll become involuntary. I guess it's kind of normal if you repeat something over and over again, it becomes natural to your being.

Hey, that is great advice! If i already have the pre set smile when doing exercises, somehow it will trigger the mind to automatically do it when singing.

Yeah, when i sing this way, like my singing just seems so relaxed and free..

Thanks