Come To Papa

• TMV World Legacy Member

This one's for all the ladies out there. ;)

Just kidding. :D

I found this backing track I didn't know I had and thought I'd give it a shot. I never sang this before and didn't know the words or phrasing so I went for a ride in the car and got the gist of it and general feel. Sometimes for me that's better because then it adds more "me" to the song rather than a copy. Anyway I came home and recorded it and this is what we got. The recording isn't so great but I didn't have time to do it again.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11704683&q=hi&newref=1

Sounds good. I likes me some Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. And this is one of my favorites. It's one of the more "funk" style songs that he does.

Nice balance on the volume between vocals and backing track. And a really good backing track, too.

Yea I never realized what a good song this is. I was looking at one of my karaoke CD's with about 15 songs on it and came across this one. I played it and the light bulb went on in my head! I immediately had a stage vision of the song. :) The only problem was that I also never realized how much I didn't know the song. It's coming round though.

Thanks for the listen.

Tommy, I hit the play button on this and got busy with work and a few moments later I caught myself saying, who is this? I forgot I was listening to you. Nice job, this version has a little more modern feel to it. Keep em coming. :)

Thanks man, glad you liked it. I have a few things planned. Many of you guys practice scales, I practice by recording songs...over, and over, and over...:D

Actually I just purchased and a few Hendrix backing tracks. More Bluesy Hendrix though. Also a better backing track for Stormy Monday so I can redo the one I posted last week.

Thanks again brother