What's with this obsession with high notes?

Rate this topic

Tommy, just to clarify the point. in martial arts, the unfortunate truth about kicking high is that it really isn't effective because one loses strength in the kick, meaning the high kick won't have as hard of an impact as a lower kick. It is the nature of it. But as one developes more strength in that high kick, the lower ones become more effective. Don't forget, kicking is not like swinging a tree branch. You are cocking the leg, then snapping the foot. As with physics, you get more strength when slamming down rather than hitting upwards, this the more potent kicks.

Like any warm up though, drink a warm liquid when warming up for singing.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slstone... Youve never done maffian arts, highkick is most powerfull! My grandad ben in his armor demolished his opponent using highkick with tons of power!

Www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l03MykQSeM

physics:

f = m*a

force = mass * acceleration

given that the mass of one's arm or leg has a finite limit, the surest way to increase force is by changing acceleration. That is why Jeet Kune Do was so effective. It was that accelerated snap at the end of the strike that did the damage. That, and the right target. That's why a relatively small, thin guy can take down someone twice his size. Speed and accuracy.

How much more physics do we want?

:D

You know it was à joke?;)... Ok Jokes aside, i dont think the voice is comparable to martialarts or kicking Well atleast to My experience. I have trained highnotes like à madman, and it has never strengthen My middlerange. The only thing that actualy got the middlerange stronger was working out the middlerange.

The vocalfolds are not muscles, but they are controlled by muscles and certain muscles are dominant in certain sounds and soundqualities.

To make highnotes strong you cant train lownotes or vice versa, the voice is alot more advanced Than that.

Ive seen thevoice being compared to many things, à popular example is tennis.

For some comparing the voice to diffrent things might be very helpful, but for alot of people(me:) ) it's just comfusing

Im sorry if you felt offended was not the intention.

High notes, when properly used and executed, can lift the listeners spirit and mood.

It's like how an orchestra starts off low and in the finale, the instruments blast out at their highest and grandest.

When I say "properly used", I do not mean nonsensical screams and wails, this is what modern singers tend to use these days.

High notes, when properly used and executed, can lift the listeners spirit and mood.

It's like how an orchestra starts off low and in the finale, the instruments blast out at their highest and grandest.

When I say "properly used", I do not mean nonsensical screams and wails, this is what modern singers tend to use these days.

Well said! Do you think there were screamers around back in the day, or were they all just in hiding? What do you think?