A problem with my vocals

Rate this topic

liron016

Hi,

Im sorry if my subject wasn't so detailed :P

Well, lately When I'm siging, no matter which register, I feel like im singing on the chords and not with them. well, it's a little hard to explain - it's just like the air is going out of my throat and my voice is coming out of my upper side of the mouth\throat.

At first, it sounded okay in my higher register, it gave me a really bright voice.

But now,I always sing like that, and I'm not able to hit high tones with my chest voice (It sounds closed and bad, even though Im breathing correctly and doing a "yawn" position in my throat)

And even my falsetto became lower , I was able to hit E6, and now i'm straining at c#6

I'm currently 17 ( A boy), So I dont think my voice changes or something (It might?)

There is just something I'm missing and doing wrong here!! (and my vocal teacher is having hard time to understand me >< )

Please help!!

Best Regards,

Liron.

At your age, your voice isn't going to change. It might start sounding more mature and developed, but it shouldn't up and change.

It's hard to tell, every register needs the proper technique. You might be confusing one register habit with another. Could you post a recording explaining the problem?

C#6? That's in the coloratura and castrato range.

I thought I could sing high but that one is beyond me. I don't think I have any advice to offer you. Just kind of amazed, really.

Though we have a few here that can get in the 6th octave.

Hi,

Im sorry if my subject wasn't so detailed :P

Well, lately When I'm siging, no matter which register, I feel like im singing on the chords and not with them. well, it's a little hard to explain - it's just like the air is going out of my throat and my voice is coming out of my upper side of the mouth\throat.

At first, it sounded okay in my higher register, it gave me a really bright voice.

But now,I always sing like that, and I'm not able to hit high tones with my chest voice (It sounds closed and bad, even though Im breathing correctly and doing a "yawn" position in my throat)

And even my falsetto became lower , I was able to hit E6, and now i'm straining at c#6

I'm currently 17 ( A boy), So I dont think my voice changes or something (It might?)

There is just something I'm missing and doing wrong here!! (and my vocal teacher is having hard time to understand me >< )

Please help!!

Best Regards,

Liron.

I am not sure if you are truly singing within the 6th octave, but if you are you should post a clip.

To answer your other problems do a forum search on here for " breath support, FOLD/cord not chord closure, vowel modifications, open throat, chest voice, head voice, and my posts one coordinated voice. This should help to clarify many of your concerns.

The best thing to do at your age is to keep practicing, read all the books and articles as you can, and find a reliable voice teacher...This site is full of them...Good Luck and check out my signature.

lion, i'm just taking a guess, but from what i'm reading it sounds like you are possibly singing only in a light head voice and you're allowing too much air to come through the folds which will dry them out and irritate them. you are singing with very little to no chest voice musculature.

can you post a sample?

Thank you guys!!

I will post a sample as soon as I can (all the house residents are sleeping currently :P )

I'm able to hit C#6-D6 in excercises, I dont think I can really sing there..

(sometimes my vocal teacher is trying to make me go further, as I said , once I hitted E6...)

Tommorrow I'll upload to youtube. thanks for now :)

Thank you guys!!

I will post a sample as soon as I can (all the house residents are sleeping currently :P )

I'm able to hit C#6-D6 in excercises, I dont think I can really sing there..

(sometimes my vocal teacher is trying to make me go further, as I said , once I hitted E6...)

Tommorrow I'll upload to youtube. thanks for now :)

I don't doubt that it is possible because I can do it too, but you are just so young I want to see if you are doing it correctly without strain and in full head voice not falsetto.