Soul Society - Kamelot - Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Vocal remover :( crummy quality. Got bored of doing stats homework so I decided to do this instead.

Any canter, any thoughts, and anecdotes? Or critiques even?

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11714034&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Keith, great stuff again man. Your voice suits Kamelot well, which is why I guess you keep singing it! :P

Not a critique per se, but a curious inquiry: You have a very efficient singing style from what I can hear, i.e. you seem to get your amplitude by way of maximizing your resonance. This is something I'm working on also. I'm curious to hear how it would work if you gave it some more stick, really lean into it with a truck load of support. I'm sure this would present challenges (maintaining that balance through the passagio.... maybe it would raise your bridging point a little..).

What are your thoughts? I listened to the original of that clip, and that's the only difference in approach I really heard. He's just giving it a little more stick really. Sounds like you're waiting to pull the trigger.... but just hold it back a little. Is it a conscious thing? (pull the trigger man! give it hell!)

Sounds awesome, and I look forward to the next installment.

Funny you should mention. I am messing around with a different style - one which uses resonance instead of pushing. I still have a ton of support (or my held notes would waiver) . What tends to happen when I yank my chest up and belt is I get some distortion of some kind - which leads me to believe that I am doing it all wrong . So I decided to take a less aggressive approach to singing all notes and try to get rid of some of that weird distorted stuff . I can sing the ang all in chest and belt it, however it would be counter productive to my bridge training. The higher notes are actually low head tones. And resonance is key to singing them. Very acute ear you have !

www.drop-head.com

Cool man, that's the deal I was suspecting. Was curious on your thoughts on it. It's a pretty good policy working things from a non aggressive position, whether the intention is to beef it later or not.

Hard to say what's going on when you do give it a belt.... maybe brutalizing a vowel without modification? or maybe it's just some nice glottal compression that's freaking you? Irrelevant I guess as you're not taking that path, just food for though and my own entertainment ;)

Yeah, those low head tones are tough. No doubt the power will come. The resonance already sounds great, and I am quite enviable.....

Yeah, I live and breath Pillars lol - it has REALLY been helping me with it (resonance) . I can feel my voice doing things that it wasn't able to do before, and the stamina building is crazy.

www.drop-head.com

Good stuff Keith, I have a question for you, with the changes of your singing lately, has that changed your style of singing and what you attempt with your originals music? Are you feeling more daring? Are you incorporating your new found range? Are you going to sneak in some whistle registry stuff? :D

Ohh - not the whistle (my bad) I am not doing anything with that, it is something that just happens once in a while when I am trying to do something else lol.

www.drop-head.com