The answer?

Rate this topic

AboveTenor

This is what I have been searching for the past 6 years. After many different vocal programs and instruction, I still do not like the tone of my mix - no core, depth, bottom-end to the sound. I feel THIS is the reason why many of us confuse head voice and falsetto. Anyone have any success with this yet? If I could just figure this out, I would feel more comfortable singing Journey, Foreigner, Guns n' Roses, etc. at karaoke night lol! Who knows? It might also help increase power too.

This is what I have been searching for the past 6 years. After many different vocal programs and instruction, I still do not like the tone of my mix - no core, depth, bottom-end to the sound. I feel THIS is the reason why many of us confuse head voice and falsetto. Anyone have any success with this yet? If I could just figure this out, I would feel more comfortable singing Journey, Foreigner, Guns n' Roses, etc. at karaoke night lol! Who knows? It might also help increase power too.

Honestly no single program will make you get better. You just have to train the muscles of the voice to become stronger. If you have any questions let me know.

well my friend, you've come to the right place....lol!!!

he's the main reason i started studying voice. he had a lot of power, stamina, and vocal strength, especially up high and can sit up high and stay connected...harder yet.

believe me, if you are going for this kind of sound, you have to train the lower core and must learn to connect and mix your voice.

you can get there. you just have to work at it.

Yeah, I actually started a thread about this a few years ago and you and I talked about this haha. I remember we were on the exact same wavelength when it came to carrying the speaking voice high up into the head register!

Have you had any luck recently since then? I know you talk about training with Frisell. Interested to see if you figured it out.

Izzle,

I didn't mean to be rude. I appreciate your input!

My head voice is strong, and does not sound like falsetto. It is androgynous and lacks a bottom-end (too much treble), there is just a change in tone when I switch registers.

The biggest problem, is that singers take their chest/2nd formant into their mix, which is good for classical, but not pop style. You need to bring a 1st formant approach to get a stronger mix. Since the support is from head voice, take a phrase, hum it in your falsetto/head, then choose that as a anchor/base. You'll get more powerful mix without having to use as much chest.

Izzle,

I didn't mean to be rude. I appreciate your input!

My head voice is strong, and does not sound like falsetto. It is androgynous and lacks a bottom-end (too much treble), there is just a change in tone when I switch registers.

It's all goooooodddddd lol...Do you have any clips of your singing you can post? I would like to hear watch going on...A video would be even better so I can see what's going on too.

Yeah, I actually started a thread about this a few years ago and you and I talked about this haha. I remember we were on the exact same wavelength when it came to carrying the speaking voice high up into the head register!

Have you had any luck recently since then? I know you talk about training with Frisell. Interested to see if you figured it out.

do you mean singing foreigner?

i can sing a bunch (not all) foreigner songs but i'm more comfortable a half step down for some. the best thing that helped me was a lot of practise, and psyching myself up for singing them.

a lot of the secret i think is mental.....you have to dig down deep and feel really confident and strong to make it through them. you must mix, then be able to hold on to the mix up high.

do i have them down to where i want them? noo, not totally happy with them yet.

but i'm proud that i've gotten this far...lol!!!! feel free to call me on skype and he can chat some lou...lol!!!