Accomplishments

Rate this topic

ronws

Bob (Videohere) used to have a thread for accomplishments you have achieved, great or small. For example, he was, at one time, able to increase his range 1/2 step. Which is just as huge as the first time you (in general) nail a C5, for example.

Well, the thing I have been working on is to get out of the way of my own voice and not try to sound like anyone else. And just today. I had a full C3. So, I went lower, which is usually washed out and whispery. But, today, I was good down to G2. Then F#2, something I couldn't do before. I didn't get to minimal volume fry until E2. But, I made it to E2, something I could not do before. And yeah, it's the opposite end of everyone else's aim. But I admire those who can sing with baritonic quality.

Maybe "Silent Lucidity" is within reach, after all. The high part, not a prob. But that rumbling low in "someone close to you leaving the game of life" was beyond my reach.

Today is my birthday and I noticed an Increase in what I was able to reach earlier this week by a full step today . I think a step. Depends on what ratio Rob is actually moving up and down during the exercises. Could be two steps, which would be awesome to me. My goal in the beginning was to only get 3 steps up anyway, but with power. Goals change fast lol

Happy Birthday to me!

I think I just found an awesome set of secret vocal exercises to learn, improve and maintain a strong rock 'n' roll tenor voice in the style of guys like Sammy Hagar and David Coverdale. A recent accomplishment of mine.

I think I just found an awesome set of secret vocal exercises to learn, improve and maintain a strong rock 'n' roll tenor voice in the style of guys like Sammy Hagar and David Coverdale. A recent accomplishment of mine.

Not to sidetrack this thread but speaking of Sammy Hagar, I'd love to hear one of you higher voice guys sing Chicken Foot's new one "Different Devil." And since you said this

"...to learn, improve and maintain a strong rock 'n' roll tenor voice in the style of guys like Sammy Hagar..."

hmmmm? Accomplishments? :)

did you say SECRET UH OH.....

Yeah Daniel, I plan to make millions off it and produce an army of little screaming Hagars.

...but in all seriousness, I have developed a set of exercises for rock vocals that I haven't quite seen before and have been helping me a bit lately. Too early to tell at this stage but, they're promising. Since I've recently joined a new band and we've just hit the road (kind of), I'll know soon if it's working.

"Yeah Daniel, I plan to make millions off it and produce an army of little screaming Hagars.

...but in all seriousness, I have developed a set of exercises for rock vocals that I haven't quite seen before and have been helping me a bit lately"

jonpaull

Just a taste ... Please!