Redhouse (Jimi Hendrix)

• TMV World Legacy Member

You should take the stage name, "Tommy Blue." Because, you've got the blues. Good stuff, as usual.

My applause of your work must be getting old and worn, by now.

Thanks guys. Tommy Blue? That was my name on another forum and the original name on my soundclick page.

As was "Tee Blue" "Sugar Tee" "Tee Money" "Tee Money Mojo" "Tommy Mojo" and a couple more...:D

Thanks for the listen.

I recorded 5 songs today. The one I sent you which I won't be posting for awhile till I get it right; which is a blues as you know. And of the four others only one is really blues besides Redhouse. That being a second version (better backing track ) of "Stormy Monday."

I also did "Simple Man," and "Little Wing" (Hendrix).

Thank you Notsosuperhero :)

Interesting song for me as far as my history with it.

This song, for me, was born out of trying to play it on guitar in an attempt to learn the instrument about 12 years ago. The guitar never worked out but as I was playing I would end up singing it. I couldn't play it but got compliments on the vocals. Then, I used to play harmonica back around 1989 or 90 (Blues). I put it down for 20 years and when I started again one of the first songs I did was Redhouse. I posted a version of it on a harp forum as well as youtube channel and again most people liked the vocals. Actually every time I posed a video of me playing harp (trying to get compliments on my harp playing) I got compliments on my vocals instead.

So last year I moved completely away from the instruments and went full vocal. And here is Redhouse....no instruments!!! :D

Thanks Adolph. I've been into a lot of music over the years. Still am. But the Blues? That's the one that gives me chills up my spine and at times a tear. You know what I mean when I say you can feel a song deep inside you?

Yea man ;)

Thanks for listening.

I think everyone has a song that hits the heart. The right sound, lyrics, meaning, intent, mental space. Even though I was inspired to really improve my voice after Guns and Roses made it big, my theme song, the one song that always speaks to me and expresses me is "Highway to Hell." Doesn't necessarily give me chills. Just feels like "home." Whether I have the right "voice" for it, or not. Whether anyone else thinks I do, or not. It always be a permanent fixture of my daily set, the 5 or 6 songs I can do at a moment's notice.

What does that say about me?

(insert devil smiley here)

That authenticity is something no man can achieve by practice!

Each and everyone of us has something our soul just "gets"; blues is obviously yours :)