My Bands New Song - Different Shade of Black

• TMV World Legacy Member

My other thread on here dissappeared, so here it is again. Wanted feedback on my new found resonance.

Thanks in advance for any critiques.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11725970&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Is that you in the harmonies too? Those higher parts sounded comfortable and full. Nice job.

All vocals are me :) Ty

www.drop-head.com

The love child of Metallica and RUSH. The immediacy of storyline that Metallica has. Some shredding on guitar that reminded me a little of Satriani. And absolutely masterful time sig and meter changes worthy of RUSH. I am a singer, I notice singers, am inspired by them. But the first thing I notice about a song is the drums. If the drums ain't there, ain't nuthin happenin. Drums on this are magnificent.

Spot on vocal melody, of course. Totally fits the groove and the feel.

For those of you who don't know, Drop Head is a working band with one album already released and, evidently, another one in the works, aside from Keith's karaoke projects. And Keith does this in addition to going to college. I don't know where you, Keith. fit in time to eat, sleep, etc. Unless you have a deal with Satan. :)

The "voice of destiny." :D

And you can write lyrics like nobody's business.

The love child of Metallica and RUSH. The immediacy of storyline that Metallica has. Some shredding on guitar that reminded me a little of Satriani. And absolutely masterful time sig and meter changes worthy of RUSH. I am a singer, I notice singers, am inspired by them. But the first thing I notice about a song is the drums. If the drums ain't there, ain't nuthin happenin. Drums on this are magnificent.

Spot on vocal melody, of course. Totally fits the groove and the feel.

For those of you who don't know, Drop Head is a working band with one album already released and, evidently, another one in the works, aside from Keith's karaoke projects. And Keith does this in addition to going to college. I don't know where you, Keith. fit in time to eat, sleep, etc. Unless you have a deal with Satan. :)

The "voice of destiny." :D

And you can write lyrics like nobody's business.

I played drums on this song also lol. Thanks bro

www.drop-head.com

Keith, Very nice and gnarly. I think the vocal style fits it great. I like the double (low and high) vocals and think the higher vocals are strong enough to stand on their own. Did I hear a little double kick drum going on there? That guitar feed back on the end is killer. Keep them coming.

Keith, I've listened to your singing many times now, and you're a great all-round singer! Must be very fun to have you in a band when you're that versatile.

If I'm going to give you some critique, it's this: it sounds to me like you're playing it safe all the time. If I'm wrong, disregard this paragraph, and I apologise for my misinterpretation! :)

Anyway, being sturdy and reliable is of course great (especially in a band environment), but sometimes metal urges... no, commands you to release the inner beast and manifest itself within your voice!

It might be hard to let go of one's inhibitions and hit the correct notes at first, but once you're past the threshold you're home.

I might be biased, seeing as I'm nothing but power... but I hope you understand what I'm getting at!

Keith, I've listened to your singing many times now, and you're a great all-round singer! Must be very fun to have you in a band when you're that versatile.

If I'm going to give you some critique, it's this: it sounds to me like you're playing it safe all the time. If I'm wrong, disregard this paragraph, and I apologise for my misinterpretation! :)

Anyway, being sturdy and reliable is of course great (especially in a band environment), but sometimes metal urges... no, commands you to release the inner beast and manifest itself within your voice!

It might be hard to let go of one's inhibitions and hit the correct notes at first, but once you're past the threshold you're home.

I might be biased, seeing as I'm nothing but power... but I hope you understand what I'm getting at!

Thanks for listening ! I started singing about 2.5 years ago-with no direction. I built an array of bad habbits. Since February, when I picked up pillars, I've been practicing the workouts for 1-2 hours a day (as time permits). I really am trying to get better every day! As far as power, I'm working on it. My bands first cd , written in drop d flat, was sung between Db4 and Db5 . I wanted to try something a little different with the new one.

www.drop-head.com