Ave Maria - Schubert by Elena House

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone!

I finally sang one of my favorite songs, Ave Maria by Schubert (Latin version)

I love this song! It's my first time singing in Latin. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqeXto45n6E

www.elenahouseonline.com

• Administrator

Wow, thank you... so nice to get something classical and lovely like this on our forum... please post more. Classical coaching is not where I put most of my time, but I have trained it myself and know a thing or two... my only suggestion would be to experiment with removing the windy tone unless you are doing that for an effect. Don't misread me, it sounds pretty... but too often, women sing with an open glottis and blow a lot of "hot air" if they are not trained to activate some vocal compression (vocal twang)... it is a common thing that most women deal with when they walk into my studio... but again, maybe its appropriate for this piece... by tradition, is this suppose to be whispery?... if that is not a strict requirement, I'll bet there are some dynamic points here where you could compress the vocal cords more and get more tone and less wind and it would liven up the dynamics more... and I believe, make you sound more pro. And its an easy thing to do.. someone at your level only needs to just think about it, be aware of it and your voice will response... put a little more twangy compression into the singing... not too much!!... just a little dash...

Just a coaching suggestion.

Here is a version in German, but it doesn't matter the language... she is getting more vocal closure and its less "choral girl windy" and sounds more mature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqi6KG9ZhDw&feature=related

Thank you so much for all the kind words everyone!

@Elrathion: I started singing May 2012. I started lessons in November 2012. I even had some lessons from TMV's Adolph. My main teacher is an ex-Opera singer in Paris, France.

www.elenahouseonline.com

Wow, thank you... so nice to get something classical and lovely like this on our forum... please post more. Classical coaching is not where I put most of my time, but I have trained it myself and know a thing or two... my only suggestion would be to experiment with removing the windy tone unless you are doing that for an effect. Don't misread me, it sounds pretty... but too often, women sing with an open glottis and blow a lot of "hot air" if they are not trained to activate some vocal compression (vocal twang)... it is a common thing that most women deal with when they walk into my studio... but again, maybe its appropriate for this piece... by tradition, is this suppose to be whispery?... if that is not a strict requirement, I'll bet there are some dynamic points here where you could compress the vocal cords more and get more tone and less wind and it would liven up the dynamics more... and I believe, make you sound more pro. And its an easy thing to do.. someone at your level only needs to just think about it, be aware of it and your voice will response... put a little more twangy compression into the singing... not too much!!... just a little dash...

Just a coaching suggestion.

Thank you so much Mr. Lunte! I spend most of my time working on classical style support. I don't know how to "activate some vocal compression". Is there something I can practice to learn it?

Thank you.

www.elenahouseonline.com