Humming

Rate this topic

jzhang172

When I do my humming exercises, I can't help but feel and it sounds like the sound is coming from my throat. How do I correct this? Usually when I do lip trills or other exercises, with enough practice, I got the voice to come like it's stuck on the roof of my mouth and feeling nothing from the throat. But humming exercises is always something that bothers me.

When I do my humming exercises, I can't help but feel and it sounds like the sound is coming from my throat. How do I correct this? Usually when I do lip trills or other exercises, with enough practice, I got the voice to come like it's stuck on the roof of my mouth and feeling nothing from the throat. But humming exercises is always something that bothers me.

Also when you are humming make sure that your jaw is relaxed and you are not biting down on the sound. Just let it travel to the front of your face without trying to directly MAKE it go there. If the jaw is dropped and you are fairly relaxed in the upper body the sound will resonate on its own.

Everything should be as natural as possible/No forcing.

Bruce Dickinson, per his own words, warms up by humming. And smiling maniacally, finding his resonant spaces.

He says people give him odd looks when he does that. Seems to work for him, though.

when you hum, try to "mentally" visualize directing the air so it ends up behind the nose. make the nose vibrate even tickle! and play with the pitch to it really starts tickling.

you may have to tweak the pitch till it kicks in.