Falsetto and baritones

Rate this topic

Hello,

It's been several months since I discovered that I have a high falsetto range, namely up to G6 and above, the highest note was C7, so that interferes with the whistle register. The curious fact is that I do not have a high chest voice, I'm a 23 years old baritone trained for the operatic repertoire. My range would be from a very weak A2 (sometimes even G), to A4 (Bb4), and the secondo passaggio just moved to F4,F#4, but I'm anything but tenor, so I thought that this shouldn't have happened

It's interesting. There are lots of people on this forums who have great high notes and ranges like yours. Every voice is unique, and with enough adjustments a person can exemplify many different textures without having to change their voice. So do well with what you have and what you can find for your own voice.

Oh ... well, yes, I imagine that there should be great high ranged voices, DoverOs, and I'll be using my natural voice too, wich it isn't so high. Somehow, I'm proud of my voice because it has also the whistle register, it's like an 'exotic' thing :D extra bonus

jef if you want to build your chest which i think you are referring to performing voice or full voice. you need to practice it and stop the falsetto and whistle for a while balance out your voice . practice 5 tone scales as you get near your break round off the vowel and cry a little to get threw, as you get threw release the cry slightly and continue upwards rinse repeat:D

Oh ... well, yes, I imagine that there should be great high ranged voices, DoverOs, and I'll be using my natural voice too, wich it isn't so high. Somehow, I'm proud of my voice because it has also the whistle register, it's like an 'exotic' thing :D extra bonus

David Lee Roth is a dramatic baritone with some whistle notes. I've never been able to do "Ice Cream Man" the way that he does. I just can't get that low.

But here's an example of what you can do and when I was younger, the young ladies loved this song. It was sexy.

Jef I do not understand what you want... Why is this on the review section? Are you asking us if its normal that Baritones have falsetto? If so, yes it is. Usually countertenors are singers with heaviers voices that trainned into this directoin, as the quality of the falsetto produced is usually best suited for it.

But since we are on the review section and you are a classical baritone, please send us a recording of you performing an aria! Would love to hear it.

jef if you want to build your chest which i think you are referring to performing voice or full voice. you need to practice it and stop the falsetto and whistle for a while balance out your voice . practice 5 tone scales as you get near your break round off the vowel and cry a little to get threw, as you get threw release the cry slightly and continue upwards rinse repeat:D

I don't study my whistle register almost at all, DanielFormica, as I'm not really interested to develop it, but it intrigues me how high I can sing in falsetto, that's all. I do not use it anywhere, I can have fun with, though :D

And yes, I do practice 5 tone scales, 3 tone scales and 9 tone scales as in operatic warm up exercises. My chest voice is alright, I'm kinna satisfied with my technique, still I feel like there's a lot that can be fixed

Sure, FelipeCarvalho, I'll gladly post a recording with an aria, I was thinking about it. Sorry for posting around here, I didn't figure it out where can I post something like a question/concern/curiosity

Great stuff, ronws, so dramatic baritones (I'm not dramatic, by the way) are usually capable of throwing some notes in the whistle register. Nice song, maybe I'll learn it, seems suitable

Whatever suits your soul, Jef. It was really more of an example of what you can do. Although, I think it would be cool to hear you do that song.

As for what Felipe was saying, this thread might have been more at home in the vocal technique section. But I don't care. This section, however is mainly for the review and critique of sound files or videos we wish to upload of our singing. Your milage may vary. Sometimes, people will comment, other times not. Take the suggestions you feel like using, disregard what doesn't work for you. And here's the hard part; people are making a comment about a sound you made, not a judgement of you as a person. And yes, you will be called into question why did something a certain way. Someone asked me that kind of question and I went into a long rambling reply when I would have been better just saying , "I did it that way because it was Sunday ..." or something equally silly. Sometimes, the sub-text or intent of how I sing something is obvious, other times, not so much.

Dramatic is more of texture thing, how dark and heavy a voice may sound, at least in imo. I am not an expert in singing or voice instruction and there are others here far more experienced and knowledgable in opera singing than I am, even though I study classical technique.

About the only thing I am good at is a sardonic, droll sense of humor, which can sometimes get me in trouble.