another great tenelli video

Rate this topic

VideoHere

Quite nice, I agree with prety much everything, although there is some very diffcult bossa nova songs, specially because of the musicianship and agility that it requires, and that I think that support and full voice approach is the most pratical solution on all styles. Even if you will not use it, its the trainning that will give you freedom.

Quite nice, I agree with prety much everything, although there is some very diffcult bossa nova songs, specially because of the nusicianship and agility that it requires, and that I think that support and full voice approach is the most pratical solution on all styles. Even if you will not use it, its the trainning that will give you freedom.

I agree completely.

it was enlightening to have him explain the tradeoff in range when you want to sing powerfully.

how the lower larynx will limit range.

that's why i'll take a powerful intense high c over a stratospheric higher larynx sound any day.

I agree with you Bob. I'm still a little skeptical about this concept as far as there being a limit to this sound. I understand the sound has to thin out, but maybe it doesn't have to thin to the extent that is in this video. I still am a firm believer that we can have a full quality throughout our range to an extent. Since we all know that the voice must get lighter we tend to lighten too much while ascending the scale or we try to have this big manufactured sound that does not allow us to continue to stretch the vocal folds.

The voice will do what it needs to do if we can train the muscles correctly and train ourselves to let it function correctly rather than make it function.

Any thoughts???

I think many will gloss over the statement about the "size" of one's voice.

I think it was cute that Franco garbled the lyrics. The lyric is actually, "My temple should be a house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves..."

However, it is a good video. I agree with Nick D, Bob. You should cross-post this to Tamplin's forum, as well.

it was enlightening to have him explain the tradeoff in range when you want to sing powerfully.

how the lower larynx will limit range.

that's why i'll take a powerful intense high c over a stratospheric higher larynx sound any day.

I was too buisy to watch such a long video. Where in the video does he say that?