Death Cab - I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Rate this topic

Finally got a chance to listen. I thought you did a decent job, pitch was good etc. But maybe it was the recording, I don't know. There was something thin about it. And this is a good song for acoustic guitar which I didn't really hear in your version. So again it may have been the recording...the guitar didn't stand out enough.

But like I said, while the vocals were good they lacked the emotion of the original. A little too bright. The original is softer and a bit lonely feeling. It's that feeling which drew me into the original. His vocals were more soft around the edges. I'm not suggesting an exact copy of the original :) Just a closer look at the feel of the song. Overall, good job though.

Thanks for the feedback :). Yeah, my microphone isn't great. It's a cheap headset mic from Walmart. I'm also not very knowledgeable about mic positions when recording (I recorded it in one take), so I placed the mic closer to my mouth than my guitar.

I think I took away something different from you from the original. I felt that it was a song more filled with hope, with a underlying feeling of sorrow that surfaced here and there. But I was a bit bright. I was experimenting with getting a forward sound (maybe twang? I'm not sure) without smiling.

I try my best not to compare to the original singer.

Others do it to me. Sometimes, I do it to myself. To stop that comparison to other people, stick with your originals, which are good in their own right.

Death who? Are you sure you didn't write this? :D

Seriously, you sang this in your voice, with your equipment. Don't change. Keep doing the song this way.