Hey guys! What do you think about my whistle notes?

• TMV World Legacy Member

listen here --> https://www.box.com/s/45b7090236259c6f0cd1

Not to be mean or anything, but you should not be doing this until your voice is well trained because you can cause some serious damage.

"verum ipsum factum"

Not to be mean or anything, but you should not be doing this until your voice is well trained because you can cause some serious damage.

ok bro. Thanks for your advice!

What does that mean? How and when is your voice trained enough, before you can can do whistle notes?

Because you're not using it within a proper singing context, you're implicitly asking us to evaluate the sound itself. However, your recording is pretty bad, which makes it hard.

Put up a clip where you actually sing while utilising this technique, and I'm sure you'll get a few words of advice! :)

What does that mean? How and when is your voice trained enough, before you can can do whistle notes?

You are trained enough when you can ascend the scale with no breaks, a great tonal quality, and the whistle notes are connected to the other pitches. Not just some random notes.

I heard another clip from him earlier and the basics need to be addressed.

"verum ipsum factum"

@izzle1989 yep man I heard singing in the whistle voice improperly also can destroy your chords. But strangely, I don't strain when I'm 'whistling'. Do I still need to stop training for this?

@izzle1989 yep man I heard singing in the whistle voice improperly also can destroy your chords. But strangely, I don't strain when I'm 'whistling'. Do I still need to stop training for this?

Yes, just because you don't feel anything doesn't mean that you are not doing damage. Just take it slow/one pitch at a time. If you are not comfortable singing in the 4TH and 5TH octave comfortably then that could be dangerous.

"verum ipsum factum"