Still Loving You Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here is my horrific rendition of "Still Loving You" by Scorpains.

Clearly , I should have not tried this song lol.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11762999&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Haha! Scorpains!

Sure hope it was a pun. Otherwise I apologise for laughing :D

Anyway, I think you're too hard on yourself! I enjoyed it, and it's a great opportunity to get your thinner voice reinforced (I'm not too proficient in the proper terms, but I believe you understand what I'm getting at). And by the sound of it, you're not far away!

One thing though, what's the reason you pronounce "there" as "theya"?

Overall I liked the recording, but I feel you could have used more connection when you transitioned to head voice. I honestly believe you have more potential than you know. You have a great tone to your voice and your head voice is pretty well developed. I feel that if you can work on using both musculature's simultaneously you will demolish this song.

Great job and keep up the good work.

"verum ipsum factum"

Hello, Keith, you did a nice job here. The song lacks a little "meat" in the upper range, you still lack a connection between chest and head. Continue to practise and you will be rewarded one day and get that unified voice. Keep up the good work.

Very good Keith. One thing. When you sing in your upper range - don't change a thing. Sing higher notes in the way you sing lower.

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

I have no idea why I enounciated like that lol.

So, I have worked for a very long time just to be able to access my head voice. Adding chest musculature to it is the next step. I have no idea how to do it. Once I can get a Skype in with Rob maybe he can clear it up a bit for me.

Thanks for listening :)

www.drop-head.com

Sounds really good to me. My opinion: Strenghten the top notes and this would probably go from good to great. You already have a connection going on and a good sounding, controlled head tone. And the lower passagio notes sound great. Maybe gradually add more pressure on those higher notes and really give them a good workout to add more power and musculature to them? And maybe work to be able to move in and out of that lighter headvoice to a more powerful one, blending them? That's my opinion and that's what I would go for anyway :D

"Adding chest musculature to it is the next step. I have no idea how to do it."

Well this forum is full of people with answers on how to work on that :D I personally use mostly the messa di voce aka swelled tone exercise.

Good job. Your cover makes me want to cover this song. Of course, I wouldn't sound like Klaus but that's never stopped me on other covers.

I know others are questioning your light tone in the higher notes but I admire you adherance to pitch accuracy, rather than just blasting power. So, you're already in the right place.

And for how far you have come in such a short time, truly astounding. Absolutely none of this high stuff is on "Drop Dead." I realize that's genre unto itself but still, to go from such a dramatic baritone to very light upper stuff is amazing.

I'd like to hear you do more of this stuff.