Song to the Moon - Elena House

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi Guys!

I just finished recording my latest Opera.

The hardest part of this project was learning the Czech pronunciation.

The song in called "Song to the Moon" from the opera Rusalka by Antonín Dvořák.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch7RKTlqs2A

www.elenahouseonline.com

Though i'm not a fan of opera, but a great voice is good whatever it sings. Also i must confess, that high (5th octave +) vocal parts are my weakness. So, back to the point, you got an A+ from me :)

Gonna conquer the world ]:-|

• 3 weeks later...

Though i'm not a fan of opera, but a great voice is good whatever it sings. Also i must confess, that high (5th octave +) vocal parts are my weakness. So, back to the point, you got an A+ from me :)

Thank you for the kind words, Doc.

Sorry for the late reply. I had gymnastics summer camp last week and I'm exhausted!

We filmed that full moon while the storm clouds were coming in because the last words in Czeck are "Don't go away, Don't go away".

www.elenahouseonline.com

Well, i listened to this aria few more times :) , czech language is relative to my, though it has a lot of differences, but i can understand it pretty well. it's a beutifull and sad song of a mermaid, who loves a man and asks the moon to tell, where her love is and to remind him about her. I don't know what is your native language, but i can imagine, that czezh language is realy hard to speak, as one of slavic languages it has some sounds, that are absent in english, franch, german and other languages, such as 'Ц', 'Ы' 'Ё' and learning them must be as hard, as for me learning the sound 'TH' or learning the difference between 'V' and 'W' :lol: . Anyway, once again - beautiful voice, great singing.

Gonna conquer the world ]:-|