Felipe Carvalho - No Leaf Clover (Metallica Cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Great cover man. I have about 30 Metallica karaoke files, but never tried to mess with them.. You may have inspired me :) Like the mostly clean approach to James Hetfield style singing.

www.drop-head.com

Well, this song is way too low for you in some places, and because of this it was impassible for you to show the song's spirit(atmosphere, or maybe i don't know the correct word). With your voice it's better to do something like 'fade to black', 'ride the lightning', 'for whom the bell tolls'. Nice try though.

Gonna conquer the world ]:-|

This is a great song and I used to have that chorus line as my signature. I think you did a great job. I used to sing this song quite a lot.....forgot about this one:)

I have a good backing track for Whiskey In the Jar. I covered that song here. I'll send it to you if the email link here is a good one Felipe.

I have Fade to Black, Disappear, unforgiven, enter sandman, Hero of the Day, nothing else matters, and sad but true - in my "easy to find" karaoke file folder. I know I have others, would need some time to find them.

www.drop-head.com

Really nice one! I have not heard this song before, never really listened alot to Metallica except for the Black Album. I still think I know how the original would sound though, and I think you did a great job. Only thing I would change is actually part of the mixing of the vocals, not the vocals themselves. The atmosphere as someone stated before might be easier heard with less "wet" vocals. You s's are quite easily heard, and I think Metallica sounds a bit "dryer" and "dirtier".

Other than that detail, awsome job :)

Really nice one! I have not heard this song before, never really listened alot to Metallica except for the Black Album. I still think I know how the original would sound though, and I think you did a great job. Only thing I would change is actually part of the mixing of the vocals, not the vocals themselves. The atmosphere as someone stated before might be easier heard with less "wet" vocals. You s's are quite easily heard, and I think Metallica sounds a bit "dryer" and "dirtier".

Other than that detail, awsome job :)

So, you are saying he should mix the tracks the same way that "Mutt" Lange does?

:D

Well, I went against the grain of so many others. I expected you to sound like Felipe, instead of James. And you did great. So, I have nothing to critique. My bad.

I think it is ill-advised to compare one singer to another and that's the nicest way I can phrase it. So, you did great, Felipe. And Keith is right. This more operatic approach seems to work for this song.

One of my treasured cd's is S & M (Symphony and Metallica.) A must listen for any fan of music, really. Your version made me think of that.

Dr.Evil tnx for the comments!

Tommy, this song is really impressive, when I first heard it on the S&M show, it blew me away. Tnx for listenning and for your words! Ill give it a shot on wiskey, Ill try a more dirty approach.

Izz tnx, really nice to hear this :)

Keith Unforgiven would be neat to give a shot. Could you send it?

Mike, yea I just noticed listenning on my notebook that I should have used less reverb and maybe rided the faders on the lower chorus parts, I was like, wtf, why am I not singing here? Tnx a lot for the carefull listenning man :).

rowns, just made my day :)! if it reminds you of the S&M version, my objective was really accomplished :P. This is the original instrumental track of that recording, as far as I know.

S&M is a masterpiece... Give me the chills everytime I hear/watch it.

Keith Unforgiven would be neat to give a shot. Could you send it?

Send me an email at keith_goehner@yahoo.com and I'll send it over to ya.

www.drop-head.com

For those who don't know, S & M is the album where Metallica played some of their biggest hits, arranged and orchestrated with a symphony. Hence, S & M. And it is worth the price to hear it.