Hero of the Day - Metallica Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here we have me throwing a Metallica cover. Hope ya like it.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11773226&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Nice one Kieth. Another great Metallica song. All I need now is "Until it Sleeps" and I'll have 3 of my favorite Metallica songs here. Whiskey in the Jar, Until it Sleeps and No Leaf Clover.

Glad ya liked it Ron. The hardest part was the "can't you hear your baby crying noooooooooooooooow" part - it took me most of a day to be able to get it as close as I did lol.

www.drop-head.com

Love it man, wish i could get my voice to sound that dark.....

when i try Metallica it comes out Disney sounding lol

Only thing you might wanna work on is variations in vibrato speed.

Other then that you have a really cool operatic voice man, one of my favs on here.

www.soundclick.com/chavie

:lol: Keith's voice has nothing operatic in it, which in this case isn't bad. I don't like operatic voices singeng non operatic songs.

Gonna conquer the world ]:-|

I must disagree, doc. Having listened to more than one song sung by Keith, he has quite a bit of operatic quality in his voice. And his version of this song is more operatic than the original. Granted, he doesn't use the covered tone all the time but he can when he wants to do so.

Then, again, I've listened to everything he has posted and I have the album from his band, Drop Head.

Funny, I also prefer Keith's version to the original.

It's a great song, but I think the singing on the original is but lacking. I find that in the original the vocals at times seem contrived and sort of 'over pronounced'.

Of course Keith doesn't sound like the original, but like himself, and that's fine. It's very 'listenable'.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Nice work Keith, I love how you comfortably transverse all manners of genre's, but stay "Keith", if you follow. Your vibrato is interesting...Quite wide and exaggerated and the tone sort of almost disappears altogether on the bottom end of the wobble, if that makes sense (?). Do you approach your vibrato in terms of modulating the (breath/diaphragm) pressure for that machine gun effect? As opposed to purely manipulating the pitch? This is not a criticism at all. I'm curious, and think it sounds great. Especially when done fast.

I agree with Ronws, Keith's tone does have an operatic quality to it. Are we going to confuse him for a classical tenor singing an opera? no, of course not. But it's there in the resonance and some of the instinctive covering he does for sure.

Do you approach your vibrato in terms of modulating the (breath/diaphragm) pressure for that machine gun effect? As opposed to purely manipulating the pitch?

Well, not sure if this makes sense - but I have to try to NOT vibrato, and then just let go of that feeling and the vibrato just kinda happens. Also, I sing along with a ton of Kamelot and Queensryche, which may also help.

www.drop-head.com

Actually, if I had to type Keith right now, at this stage of his development, I would say he is a baritone with countertenor, like Geoff Tate. And he certainly has a Tate-quality sound to his voice. And I am not the only one to say that, either. Keith has a monster range that is only getting larger.

Then, again, I am an unabashed fan.

"Show me your cigarette lighters!" ( a quote from Ozzy Osbourne but I think it fits, here.)