• TMV World Legacy Member

:) Hi guys, if you would kindly have a little listen to my voice and

Let me know areas to improve (many I'm sure). I would also really

appreciate any mic recommendations for using live in a grunge/rock

band (that I haven't started yet :-) )

Thanks

Tommy

Aha! I expecting grunge when I listened to the recording you posted but got soft stuff instead.

Good tuning and enunciation.

You sound a little 'contrived' to me, singing over-soft and throaty for my taste. Also, I wonder how do you sound on loud stuff (rock!), I supect the approach you used for this will only work on softer stuff.

As for mics, it depends on your budget. At the entry level Shure SM58 is a sort of industry standard and a good starting place. The Senneheiser E845 is a very similar mic, which I use myself if I do live work, however most of my own singing is home recording for which I use a large diaphragm condensor, which unsuitable for live work.

The recording you posted of you singing and playing guitar is fairly good quality, do you have decent equipment already?

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Hey mate, thanks for the response. That is pretty much my

Voice tbh. I guess I tread a fineline between sounding contrived

and natural. Must've overstepped the mark on that one tho that is generally what

my voice sounds like. Will post record some more vox in a couple of days, louder vox.

That was actually recorded on my iPod with an £8 mic, the acoustics in my kitchen are pretty

good I guess?!

Sm58 might be the way to go to start then, I heard they were pretty standard issue on the

"live scene"

Thanks again, will post some more vox this weekend :-)