Strong head voice...But weak falsetto ???

Rate this topic

Chavie

ive been told on here a few times i have a good head voice.....

then why is my falsetto singing weak as HELL???? lol........i thought they went hand in hand ?

Is it a tenor thing to have weak falsetto ?

id also like to add that i cant really go much higher then my full voice in falsetto....

id like to get some use out of my falsetto, but i really dont like the way it sounds for the most part.

I'm normally a Dio, Dickinson guy.

but i admire

"Brian Wilson"

"Matt Bellamy"

"Thom Yorke"

"Chris Martin"

And the like Who use a lot of Soft falsetto, it really adds a interesting flavor.

the more you strengthen head voice so that the folds adduct well and complete, the less airiness you will have in your tone. but it comes with a price.

when i strengthened my head voice songs like dream on's high notes became more difficult.

the folds want to engage fully. it's a tradeoff......a strong head voice will make relaxing the folds to bring in some airiness harder.

so on the one hand you have this nice connected head voice (loud or soft) but the airiness you need for a falsetto effect is harder to achieve.

then why is my falsetto singing weak as HELL???? lol........i thought they went hand in hand ?

id also like to add that i cant really go much higher then my full voice in falsetto....

id like to get some use out of my falsetto, but i really dont like the way it sounds for the most part.

but i admire

"Brian Wilson"

"Matt Bellamy"

"Thom Yorke"

"Chris Martin"

And the like Who use a lot of Soft falsetto, it really adds a interesting flavor.

Falsetto is the result of being weak. You should still be able to sing those pitches in head voice, but you may first need to lower the dynamic levels to get the coordination down.

but i admire

"Brian Wilson"

"Matt Bellamy"

"Thom Yorke"

"Chris Martin"

I have the same problem, so i'm curious too. Actualy, i just can't possibly bring strong falsetto on the notes higher than like D5, but i can sing even higher in full voice :(

I have the same problem, so i'm curious too. Actualy, i just can't possibly bring strong falsetto on the notes higher than like D5, but i can sing even higher in full voice :(

I am the exact same way as well. I have much more volume and more range in my head voice. The problem for me is that I do not like my head voice and always want a more chesty sound.

I was worried at first when I was improving a lot because my falsetto was getting weaker. In reality, my falsetto was probably only appearing to get weaker as my head voice was getting much stronger and more diverse.

but i admire

"Brian Wilson"

"Matt Bellamy"

"Thom Yorke"

"Chris Martin"

Support in falsetto and head are different, that's why your head is strong and your falsetto is weak. But the best place to start is just by singing in falsetto. Always keep your heels planted and keep your head straight. Falsetto has to have tons of body support and air from the diaphragm, and you also want to focus on making the voice sound natural. I always thought my falsetto wasn't that good, but when I started singing in it and supporting correctly, I am now sounding like many equivalent mezzo's and contraltos. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm better than the higher voiced singers, but I sound A LOT better than I did when I first started.

Falsetto can be trainned and used, of course, if you try to sing the passagio on falsetto, will sound like crap. On the part of the range where it is efficient, well above the tessitura, its hard for a listenner to know if its full voice or falsetto, the singer is most likely to be the only one who knows, since the difference in air pressure is huge.

Falsetto can be trainned and used, of course, if you try to sing the passagio on falsetto, will sound like crap. On the part of the range where it is efficient, well above the tessitura, its hard for a listenner to know if its full voice or falsetto, the singer is most likely to be the only one who knows, since the difference in air pressure is huge.

So true!

I just don't want some of the inexperience singers to think it is the end all be all. It's possible to sing a light/high pitch in "head voice"

lol!!!

yes, let's get the guidelines squared away for this match...lol!!!!

falsetto = incomplete, intermittent, or no fold adduction anywhere in the range

head voice = complete fold adduction anywhere in the range but mostly used at the passaggio and above

here's the clincher...... does everyone agree on this going forward? feel free to tweak it....lol!!!!

b.t.w., this was my 4,444th post....as in "give me alexander 4 4 4 4," from and old abbott and costello routiine.....lol!!!!

starts at 2:20 hysterical!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJoNK1rm28

From my own experience, I must do my highest notes in full voice. For falsetto, I am usually somewhere below D5.

Falsetto is, in my opinion, supposed to sound delicate. To call falsetto "reinforced" or "chesty" is an oxymoron, an contradiction in terms.

And I think falsetto has its uses, artistically.

Robert Lunte tried to explain this before and it was also my experience, regarding what Justin Hawkins is doing in "I Believe in a Thing Called Love." Some of the middle parts are falsetto. But the highest notes scraping the ceiling are full voice, even if it is head voice.

By the way, I can't recall Bruce Dickinson getting some of the notes that Justin can. Which is not a bad thing. Different voice, different sub-genre of music.

We all have places we would like to go with our voices. And we all have places that we know they can go. And the endless struggle, I suppose, is a balance between the two.

I agree guys this is really easy!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=SE#/watch?v=ygJYxMP_ICY

I can't pull this up on my laptop, but is it a counter-tenor?

If so anybody can train to become a counter-tenor if the neglect the lower range and sing in falsetto all the time.

Well that aplies to rocksinging/popsinging also you can get veryfar with training :) and no not many can hit those soprano c's like he does and with that quality even rare among the highest proffessional rock screechers.

Well that aplies to rocksinging/popsinging also you can get veryfar with training :) and no not many can hit those soprano c's like he does and with that quality even rare among the highest proffessional rock screechers.

I understand where you are coming from and I can say I agree.

I agree guys this is really easy!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=SE#/watch?v=ygJYxMP_ICY

Nothing impressive here, especially if you know that he can't sing it live, he always lip-sincs those high screams live. He is a russian pop-singer so i know something about him.

He does indeed sing alot live, loads of performances of him pulling the mic away like crazy to show he's not lipsyncing the highs.(not all though)

And honestly there is à crazy wear on the voice when having to perform like 16 Soprano c's in à song. any of you who has hit soprano c live infront of an audience Will know it's a complete diffrent thing than squeling it out in your boysroom.

Ive done it once, and its a lot harder when you feel like you must perform on such extreme.