Sign in to follow this  
Adonis

Does anybody here have the singing key range of Bruno Mars?

Rate this topic

Alright, can't help myself, must ask this question.

CVT-proficient people: on Dan's video where he sings GrenEHed, what mode is that? I swear it sounds like curbing, but that's allegedly impossible on that vowel at that pitch (or is it?). It's not loud or metallic enough for overdrive or edge that's for sure. That leaves MLN. Is it MLN?

(Dan, I know I shouldn't be asking this and should just sing. But I'm a theory nerd and must know this!)

I think it is curbing, but as he is a tenor, he can modify less than for example a baritone, on the same notes for the same mode.

Maybe it is just between curbing and curbing-like neutral, cause of the low volume (and this allows him to modify even less), but still has the character of the curbing mode, i am completely sure :)

I think that it's fine to practice sirens and scales focusing a lot on center the modes and the technique, but when singing, it is not so mandatory to do it, just sing and leave your muscle memory do the work :P

Dan thanks for that video! i have been using this advice, and it works wonders!!!

Perhaps Raching knows if GrenEHed is curbing or not?

Raching?

Alright, can't help myself, must ask this question.

CVT-proficient people: on Dan's video where he sings GrenEHed, what mode is that? I swear it sounds like curbing, but that's allegedly impossible on that vowel at that pitch (or is it?). It's not loud or metallic enough for overdrive or edge that's for sure. That leaves MLN. Is it MLN?

(Dan, I know I shouldn't be asking this and should just sing. But I'm a theory nerd and must know this!)

I believe it's Curbing but with two slightly different tongue positions.

What Geran and Rachsing said. Daniel does it so light and conversational it's really awesome!

eggplantbren,

the better you get at this stuff, it really starts to make a lot more sense and your ears will pick up all the subtle nuances. One "trick" for finding(and hearing) curbing vowels is to sing an overdrive vowel and then immediately switch to the dipthong vowel(in the case of EH it would be EE.) Now try to transition a little slower and then slower and slower. You will feel that "in-between" pocket of the curb. Once you really master this, you'll know how far you can "color" the mode before you need to change it.

This also has the potential to be a very natural transition assuming all basics are in place. I did a video this morning on it, but was half asleep and rambling but maybe you'll get the idea.

video using word grenade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn4x7TxU4gk

The important blah blah blah point of all this is that once you experience the sensation yourself and get used to doing it, there will be less confusion about what mode someone using(unless it's a Neutral-Like Metal mode variation or very high part of voice or extreme distortion or .........:P)

I'll crawl back into my hole now.

Dipthong - is that a skimpy bathing suit worn by a redneck?

I can do that.

:lol:

I just realized that that reply will create a mental image that will torment people.

Ah, my work is done ...

Cool vid, Analog.

Here's a Youtube cover of the latest song from Bruno Mars ("When I Was Your Man"):

What do you think?

I think he did the song justice.

Good example how not to sing.

When I was your man. Here it is how to sing.

and ~ 1000 others I can find

AGREED, I really like his choice of resonance and application of twang and compression whilst maintaining the beauty of his tone! You can't hear any air leaking away or forceful emission which imo is great and definitely better than watching singers huffing and puffing through Bruno songs! =)

The guy makes it clear that those Bruno Mars songs are more of a skill than "YELLING" even though the notes are powerful the onsets are very light & connected... thanks for sharing.

If you really want to see the master at work... watch this to the ending.

He has a light tone to his voice naturally, so he's more "tuned" to be able to sing those notes with ease.

Practice makes perfect.

Stamina

Pitching

Support

Technique

it all depends, you have to draw a line at some point...you can sound a lot of different ways, but at some point you have to accept your own voice.....

it's not the notes, anyone who trains hard and long enough will be able to hit those notes he sings, but within the context of your own voice.

that's why ken tamplin is ken tamplin and bruno mars is bruno mars....and believe me, somewhere out there is a guy who is even lighter than bruno mars and another guy a lot thicker than ken tamplin....

accepting your own voice can be a very difficult thing to deal with. you may have a wonderful sounding voice to others, but not to yourself.

I don't know if you watch NBC's "The Voice", but Vedo auditioned tonight and made it!

OH WOW! That's awesome. We don't get NBC channels over int he UK. Recently went to the studio though like a week back from my trip to NY. I hope he does great. I really envy his voice.

This guy might have the range of Bruno Mars.

When the judges turned around, they were shocked that it was a guy and

commented on his crazy vocal range.

I've never heard a guy sing a Whitney Houston song like this so effortlessly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXiwmkISU0

He KILLS those notes!

I wish I could sing so effortlessly but you know after listening to him sing, it's nice to know he can hit those notes but I feel it's rather feminine like all the judges were surprised. But...I'm not against a feminine sound but I like to hear the meat in the voice. The depths of say Baritone. I do love the soulful sound in my voice, I just have to learn how to approach those high notes.

D, I think I have heard your voice a few times. You have a great voice. Learn what you can do with it, yes.

But also know that you have a great voice that deserves to be heard.

D, I think I have heard your voice a few times. You have a great voice. Learn what you can do with it, yes.

But also know that you have a great voice that deserves to be heard.

Thank you very much :)

I'm starting to love my voice, just which I could keep it connected and loose the weight as I get up to F4-A4 territory. I'm working on it though.

Thank you very much :)

I'm starting to love my voice, just which I could keep it connected and loose the weight as I get up to F4-A4 territory. I'm working on it though.

Tenors have to do the same thing, we just start from a higher vantage point and are closer to the passaggio than lower voice types, I think.

You will get there.

https://youtu.be/4SFhuevTgsA

I happen to think he is a freak of nature, honestly singing in that high of a pitch is one thing but it's an entirely different animal when it doesn't phase you to do it hours and hours on end. that's where the real difference lies between normal people such as us and people like him ,BTW of which there are few. 

Ye you covered this you covered that. If you are a lyric baritone like me with dark chest voice, well, you can't do much about it! You can train the hell out hour day every day and be able to reach high notes but ur chest voice will always sound dark and will never have the quality of a tenor chest voice, bright and pleasure. When you will drop to sing in chest voice everyone will hear your real voice and you can't fake out that YOU ARE A (*auto edit*) BARITONE

9 hours ago, Pehn said:

Ye you covered this you covered that. If you are a lyric baritone like me with dark chest voice, well, you can't do much about it! You can train the hell out hour day every day and be able to reach high notes but ur chest voice will always sound dark and will never have the quality of a tenor chest voice, bright and pleasure. When you will drop to sing in chest voice everyone will hear your real voice and you can't fake out that YOU ARE A (*auto edit*) BARITONE

WTF! has cheast voice got to do with sound color

On 5/9/2019 at 11:21 PM, elvis isnt dead said:

WTF! has cheast voice got to do with sound color

????????????? Your chest voice is your main color, except if you want scream all day long. If you try to change it will sound fake and worse.