Trying "Holy Diver" by Dio

Rate this topic

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Your thick and heavy sound seems to fit well with this. And I like the funny pic of you having a gag reflex in front of a Justin Bieber poster. Where did you find that? Set design, it cannot be left to chance and you showed some thought on this one.

Hello, Ron, thanx for listening. I always have alot of fun when i am singing and this was no exception. The poster was found in a typical Bieber fan's room - a 12-year-old girl and i thought it was a pretty fun photo to use.

• Administrator

Great job, Olem !!! :D

But as Igor mentioned, I, too noticed some "rough spots"... But hey, overall it sounded great.

Like ronnws, I liked the "Bieber pic" :lol:

Maybe you can find one similar to post in your next song and "Feature" the useless Miley Cyrus. She makes me want to gag as well :D

Speaking of Bieber & Cyrus, as many of you know, I've been here at TMV World since the very beginning - over FIVE YEARS and counting !!! :cool:

I've reviewed all of the videos and many of the songs, and in my honest opinion, I would rate the talent of many of our members far ahead of the aforementioned. The only problem is that THEY have the financial backing that unfortunately, many of our members do not !!! :mad:

And the aforementioned celebs, I have not heard much of their music, as the style and their voice does not inspire me. But, I know about their antics, as they are constantly in the news for this, that, and the other thing, that had nothing to do with singing or even growing as a musician. It's almost like a contest to see who can out-gross the other or depart as much from their "squeaky clean" image. Guess what? All the media reports of current escapades still do not make me want to buy the album and play it over and over again.

Whereas, the people here engage in real singing, something much more revealing because we are not hiding behind costumes, choreography, etcetera. Although, I think it would be fun, though not comfortable, to perform in a Slipknot or GWAR get-up. Even better, the Devil costume from "Pick of Destiny." I. must. have. it.

Thanx for listening Igor, MDEW and Adolph. Yes, Adolph, that is true, if you are a solo artist you must have a good voice, some luck and good looks or else you won´t make it to the top within the genre of popular music.

Thanx for listening Igor, MDEW and Adolph. Yes, Adolph, that is true, if you are a solo artist you must have a good voice, some luck and good looks or else you won´t make it to the top within the genre of popular music.

At least I have one out of three of the requirements.

:lol:

Thanx for listening Halfajack. I shouldn´t do it either (cover a Dio song) but i prefer to sing songs i like, unfortunately the songs i like the most are sung by some of the best metal singers in the history, so...

That is cool, Slstone, i don´t like Lordi so much anymore because they made me eat a hat a couple of years ago. I made a bet when they competed in the Eurovision Song Contest that i would eat my hat if they won the contest and they did. so...

PS I like Lordi :)

That is cool, Slstone, i don´t like Lordi so much anymore because they made me eat a hat a couple of years ago. I made a bet when they competed in the Eurovision Song Contest that i would eat my hat if they won the contest and they did. so...

PS I like Lordi :)

That'll teach you...

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this ending better than the other one you did. I thought I heard pitchiness on "life's a never-ending wheel," but I could be wrong, maybe the mix is funny.

Your timing sounded good. Nice harmonic note like a minor 7th or aug 5th, as opposed to the tonic, on the high note near the end.

Thanx for listening, Ron, yeah i am sure you are right about the phrase "life´s a never-ending wheel", i found the high note in "wheel" very difficult. Harmonic note in the end? I am not sure what you mean, Ron, i didn´t do any harmonies for this song.