Crazy (Patsy Cline) again..

Rate this topic

https://soundcloud.com/orchid13/crazy-backing-track-without

Hi there, is anyone able to tell me where this one is pitchy now please? I think my ears need a bit of training. I can hear it when it is pointed out to me but I can't tell myself beforehand.

Think I might leave this song alone now, for some reason I couldn't seem to get the tune in my head!

Thanks

:) Sounds a lot better. I only wish someone else would chime in but there are not too many people here who listen to country music.

You inspired me to sing my own rendition of this. It is something I ran across a while ago and I thought I would share it just to lighten this up around here a little.

Ha ha! I liked it. I may do it again with your words instead..:) Much more interesting.

Maybe I need to have a go at some heavy rock next time for all you guys out there... Not sure my voice is exactly 'rocky' though! Bit too weedy me thinks. Any suggestions?!

It sounded like you lost your place with the lyrics, later on, out of synch with the music. Unless you recorded with a separate track. Audacity is bad about latency. Often, against a karaoke track, I have to adjust my vocal track for tempo to + .01 percent, then shift to line up with the music.

I would say that you have more of a "rock" voice which is not say that you cannot sing country. And you did well enough for this song but it didn't sound like quite the right match of song and voice, if that makes sense. I think you would sound better on "Give them something to talk about" by Bonnie Raitt, for example. Or, better yet, "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson. Be an outlaw.

I agree with Bernie. There is a big difference between the first recording and this one. I believe that the most trouble you are having is when there is a held note. You kind drift in and out of pitch. The good news is that Vibrato is a form of drifting in and out of pitch and you are not using a vibrato on this. If you add it it may help.

Another thing that happens with this song is that women try to sing this soft and sexy.The tempo and rhythm makes it soft and sexy. The words are firm and Crying.

Think about it "Worry? Why do I let myself Worry?" Translation; Why, oh why, do I let myself worry about that jerk who keeps stepping out on me, I am better off by myself for all the trouble he causes me.

It is a Cry of desperation.

And the Cry should also give your voice a little brightness to it.

I am not a teacher :P Just another singer.

I also agree with Ronws. Some Bonnie Rait should sound Cool with your voice.