Please listen to my first real mix - Roll the Fire [Conception]

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey! I just finished, after a few hours of voice tracking, cleaning and editing, my first mix haha

Please listen and leave a comment :)

Dropbox: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Xamedhi%20-%20Roll%20the%20Fire.mp3?w=AACJlAezIXdZcIFEgLRAkGqfpq8zf0DChP5ggiXXyRfE3g

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/sebabergmann/roll-the-fire-1

Box: https://app.box.com/s/su3z84y1rgmqlgyww3ec

Thanks in advance for any input :D!

Thanks for posting more than one link. I have been having iffy results with soundcloud. I know it's my computer. So, I downloaded from box and listened with windows media player.

Excellent song. You were shaky on the first high part but stronger and steadier on the later high parts. So, stick with what you were doing for the later parts. Happens to me, too. Sometimes, I will be flat going into the first chorus, tune up midway through and do fine on the rest.

Recording wise, you can always go back and patch in the trouble spots and it is not "deceptive." All recording is deceptive. We take a file or project and do various editing and effects things to it, things that were not present acoustically, if we were in the same room with you.

Anyway, good effort. A mysterious song. You have a lot of "cry" in your voice, which is cool.

Thanks for posting more than one link. I have been having iffy results with soundcloud. I know it's my computer. So, I downloaded from box and listened with windows media player.

Excellent song. You were shaky on the first high part but stronger and steadier on the later high parts. So, stick with what you were doing for the later parts. Happens to me, too. Sometimes, I will be flat going into the first chorus, tune up midway through and do fine on the rest.

Recording wise, you can always go back and patch in the trouble spots and it is not "deceptive." All recording is deceptive. We take a file or project and do various editing and effects things to it, things that were not present acoustically, if we were in the same room with you.

Anyway, good effort. A mysterious song. You have a lot of "cry" in your voice, which is cool.

Hey, Ron :D! I've been waiting for your comments haha. You are always very very helpful :)

We listened to more similar things this time :P I hear it quite a bit shaky in some parts, somewhat insecure. Have to keep that in mind when working later on.

Also.. the cry. Do you really think that is cool? haha

I believe I do it naturally, and well.. we all want to change some things on our voices that we don't like, and that cry of mine tends to go a bit nasal sometimes I think. It is a matter of practice and training I guess and will eventually be corrected.

Thanks for posting your thoughts, Ron. As always you were very constructive, thank you very much.

You may have thought the cry was nasal, especially if you were feeling sympathetic vibrations there. But it did not sound nasal, or overtly nasal.

The cry gives a forlorn sound quality, I think, which totally fits what I think the emotional impact of this song was supposed to be.

I'd like to ask.. I am curious about the matter.

How would you describe my voice? Bright, dark, small.. warm.. whatever. I would really like to know what others feel about it.

Dark and warm and kind of big. Dark because of the softness of tone. Warm because of the amount of cry. Big because you have a depth or breadth of tone, like there are overtones skirting the edges.

Dark and warm and kind of big. Dark because of the softness of tone. Warm because of the amount of cry. Big because you have a depth or breadth of tone, like there are overtones skirting the edges.

I have always thought that I have like a very bright tone, and kind of a small voice haha

How funny is that?

The perception we have or our own voices is so different from reality, even if we hear ourselves on recordings it is not the same as when other people hear you. I guess we are just too used to our own vibrations haha.

Thanks Ron, again, for taking the time to write to me. I learn so much about singing and our own voices through this forum.

Good pitch, stellar vibrato, BUT still a little weak. Like you're scared to let loose. Its great that you can sing those notes quietly, shows control. However, this isn't one of those times to sing quiet. You'll notice Roy will sing some notes quietly, then when he holds a certain note, he opens up a bit and let's it resonate. I thought it to be weird when I first noticed it. Sounds cool though. Anyway, best one yet I think. Work on finding resonant placement for some of those notes.

www.drop-head.com

Thanks, Keith :)

I agree on the weak thing, I still feel my headvoice very unsteady and inconsistent. I need to keep working on it to feel more control and freedom over it. Thanks about the vibrato :D I can play with it quite a bit, but I still want a full control like Roy has for example.

I appreciate very very much your help, Keith, the same as Ron. Thanks guys :)