Jack Johnson - Taylor (Cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounds pretty good man! I think for a song like this where the vocals don't go high or low and don't change tone colour much, where it's really about the story, you need to make it a more expressive. I think if you worked a little more on support and working on parts of tone colour like breathiness and resonance then you could make it more compelling to the listener. To try and take singing out of the speaking voice and into another world is the aim here I think.

Great work!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounds pretty good man! I think for a song like this where the vocals don't go high or low and don't change tone colour much, where it's really about the story, you need to make it a more expressive. I think if you worked a little more on support and working on parts of tone colour like breathiness and resonance then you could make it more compelling to the listener. To try and take singing out of the speaking voice and into another world is the aim here I think.

Great work!

Thanks Mr Bounce! You're right, and I did do it more breathy like the original song, but my support was too weak so it sounded off. That's something I have to work on.