Chest voice/lower notes

Rate this topic

quietstorm

You need to work on glottal compression. Some things to consider practicing outside of singing to help develop that coordination in your voice:

"buh buh buh" or "guh guh guh" scales.

scales on a bright witchy "ee" or "aa" sound. do it both legato and staccato

sing in front of a piece of glass and try to minimize the amount of fog it develops by holding back the air more

when you work on scales that are just vowels, start every scale with a bit of a vocal fry and use the least amount of air to get the sound out

Your best bet is to take some lessons with a teacher who can show you how to do it. Rob Lunte is fantastic at teaching compression. If you take even just 3 lessons with him, space them out every other week, tell him this is what you want to work on, and practice the stuff daily, I would bet money that by the third lesson your chest voice will be much less breathy and much less tight. :)

Thanks for your answer Owen!

I did practice to sing with as light glottal attack as possible! What I realized is that I need to focus on light glottal attack and twang. What I did wrong before i think was just something i call "constricted glottal attack. I just forced the voice, but as i make it lighter it feels easier to twang ans transist from chest to head, therefore i believe that there is where i develop my mix voice innit?

What i found it easier as well is to sing first in headvoice and do downward scales, so i can transist into chest voice.

Heres a clip of me singing, where im trying to find mix voice! Do i do a good job?

Cheers