Scarborough Fair - Simon & Garfunkel meet Sarah Brightman

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone.

I put on my best fairy look for this version of "Scarborough Fair". I was imagining an older version of this song as explained below.

The lyrics suggest a tale of a young man who instructs the listener to tell his former love to perform for him a series of impossible tasks, such as making him a shirt without a seam and then washing it in a dry well, adding that if she completes these tasks he will take her back.

As the versions of the ballad known under the title "Scarborough Fair" usually adopt the premise of these impossible tasks, many suggestions concerning the plot have been proposed, including the hypothesis that it is about the Great Plague of the late Middle Ages. The lyrics of "Scarborough Fair" appear to have something in common with an obscure Scottish ballad, The Elfin Knight, which has been traced at least as far back as 1670 and may well be earlier. In this ballad, an elf threatens to abduct a young woman to be his lover unless she can perform an impossible task. (information from Wikipedia)

Please enjoy.

www.elenahouseonline.com

Outstanding. Very reminiscent of Sarah's cover.

Oh, and I should also mention, you said months back that you use Adobe Premiere for green screening. Well, I decided to give it a try, and it cut our rendering time in HALF! Needless to say, the old Pinnacle software has been ditched.

So, thanks for that!

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Outstanding. Very reminiscent of Sarah's cover.

Oh, and I should also mention, you said months back that you use Adobe Premiere for green screening. Well, I decided to give it a try, and it cut our rendering time in HALF! Needless to say, the old Pinnacle software has been ditched.

So, thanks for that!

Very happy to have been helpful. :)

We are still experimenting with different lighting to get the best results. For this one we used a DSLR camera shooting RAW for pictures and all cold white lights. It gave me the extra pale look of a Fairy in the video (a little too much) but in the pictures it was easy to adjust skin color with Photoshop using the "White balance" button and choosing "Daylight". The lights should all be the same type or the software has a hard time dealing with it. Meaning that the lights on the green screen and the light on the subject should be the same type.

Just a something we learned through trial and error. ;)

www.elenahouseonline.com