My Singing Voice

Rate this topic

Hi guys so I'm new here, I'm 20, A male and have been learning how to sing for a little over a year now. I have improved since then but I could improve so much more and am stuck, I have no vocal coaches in my area so I'm stuck with online. Please listen to my video and give me feedback a 1-10 and give me tips of how to fix my mistakes and please point them out. Thanks. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYA2C0MKnzw&feature=youtu.be

Off pitch in several places. I don't mean a dull tone or not centered. I mean flat or half a step down from the actual note. Two things I can think of. First off, bring up the volume of the music so that you have the right pitches to hear. You were probably drowning out the accompaniment and didn't hear anything.

Second, don't sing with your throat, sing with your head, that is where the note comes from. Though highly inaccurate to what is actually happening, imagine the note being up in your head.

You have a nice tone of voice, you just need to align it with the music.

Thanks for the feedback! I hate my tone, always trying to better it. You also have a point with the head voice, although when I use it it comes off sharp but maybe it isn't and I just suck at judging myself. XD LoL. It is hard for me, most songs I sing come off flat and I try and fix it, try to be more emotional. It is the hardest thing for me, especially on the high notes, I get them all screwed up because of it. XD

Well, I like your tone of voice. And you may think you were too sharp yet I hear you flat. So, possibly, you need to recalibrate your assessment of what is "too sharp" and what it means to you. Singing is mental.