Dazed and Confused Acapella (okay added a little reverb)

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://vocaroo.com/i/s032F5Nosywj

I tied to this with a rock tinge. I get a lot of comments about how I keep my vocal delivery too restricted, so I'm playing with it now. This is a good belty song to practice with and it's not in the 5th octave for a millennia like a lot of Plant's work :rolleyes:

I can get loud belting, a word of warning, though it doesn't hurt at all. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but it feels fine? Any help is cool. This is in one take as well (trying to sound like I would live).

At this point my idolization of Plant's voice is as apparent as his bulge in nearly every other frame of his concerts in the late 70s :cool:

You are right sir, that is loud, but I enjoyed it. An off note here and there but otherwise pretty good. If I recommend anything, its to relax a bit more and try to work on working up to the note and not just jumping right on top, sort of speak.

Take a look at this video and see if it helps at all. :D

Keep Calm, ROCK ON, and GUNS UP!

You are right sir, that is loud, but I enjoyed it. An off note here and there but otherwise pretty good. If I recommend anything, its to relax a bit more and try to work on working up to the note and not just jumping right on top, sort of speak.

Take a look at this video and see if it helps at all. :D

Thankx!.

Odd, I actually put an emphasis on hitting the note dead on as opposed to crescendoing (I think thats the word). Hmm, I'll prob redo this and:

1) Do it softer with a build (I don't think the hard belting goes to well acapella/acoustic?)

I don't want to sound exactly like Plant, but ty for the vid :D. I do want that falsetto/chest whatever thing he does in some songs (Imigrant Song etc).

I have always been told I have a powerful strong belt, so I like to use it--but not used to using it as high as Rob. New territory for me. Oddly enough, i wasn't able to do it 2 years ago or so. After 24, my voice changed more, and I was able to belt higher. Odd.